For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal

Course Add/Drop

Adjusting course registration (adding or dropping courses) within a defined period extending through the first week of quarter classes provides students flexibility in their plan of study with minimal impact to course performance. The course registration period for each term is listed on the Quarter Academic Calendar on the Provost's website. Students are responsible for knowing and adhering to these deadlines, unless there if proof of extenuating circumstances.*

See Course Add/Drop.

Se also Adding and Dropping Courses.

*If a course add or drop is requested beyond the posted deadline and before the end of the seventh week of the quarter, due to extenuating circumstances, the graduate academic advisor should consult with Anne Willkomm, Assistant Dean of the Graduate College at

Course Withdrawal

After the course registration adjustment period ends, students have the option to withdraw from a course through the end of the seventh week of the quarter. A course withdraw results in a grade of "W" next to the course on the student's transcript which indicates that the course was attempted but not completed A "W" has no impact on the student's GPA. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss withdrawing with the course instructor, department/program academic advisor and Drexel Central before making the decision to withdraw. Withdrawing from a course may have additional financial and academic implications. Students are considered the responsible party for any and all transactions processed against their academic records and are wholly accountable for making the determination to withdraw.

See Course Withdrawal.

See also Withdrawing from a Course.

Students who are planning to add, drop or withdraw from a course(s) should consult with their graduate academic advisor and, in some cases, Drexel Central to determine any additional financial implications.

See Financial Aid Terms and Conditions for Graduate and Professional Students.

International Students on F-1 or J-1 Visas must consult with International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) prior to requesting any changes to their registration, enrollment status or withdrawing from a course(s).

See also Withdraw from the University.

Updated 12/4/18.