Drexel's 5,000 international students come from 117 countries and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to Drexel. The Office of International Students and Scholars Services provides international students with valuable academic, immigration and personal guidance. Students also receive ongoing support and social engagement from the International Graduate Student Association through webinars, airport pick-ups, dinners, and cultural and recreational programs. In addition, the English Language Center offers various academic and student life resources for international students and English language learners.
For more information about applying to Drexel as an international student or for international student resources, visit the Graduate Admissions website.
International Graduate Student Webinars
Please see the following on-boarding information sessions (webinars) for new, incoming international graduate students that were recorded and archived for later viewing.
- Wednesday August 1, 2018 1:00PM - 2:30PM Eastern Standard Time (US and Canada) - View the recording on YouTube
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:00AM - 9:30PM Eastern Standard Time (US and Canada) - View the recording on YouTube
2019 Webinar Dates To Be Announced
During the webinar, students will receive:
- A comprehensive overview of Drexel from the Faculty Advisor of IGSA, Dr. Michael Ryan;
- A special message from our the IGSA President, Mr. Saurajyoti Kar, a PhD student in the College of Engineering;
- A panel discussion comprised of current international graduate students, faculty and professional staff members; and
- An interactive Question & Answer (Q&A) session about a wide range of topics concerning international students.
If you have any questions about these webinars, please contact Dr. Tsz Kwok at email@example.com
International Student Arrival Guide [PDF]
International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS)
Drexel's International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) serves the University's approximately 5,000 international students from around 117 countries with valuable academic, immigration, financial and personal guidance. ISSS supports international students with valuable resources and support services upon admission through graduation and beyond. For more information please visit the ISSS website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Graduate Student Association (IGSA)
The International Graduate Student Association (IGSA) advocates for the interests and addresses the concerns of Drexel's international graduate students. As one of the most dynamic and active graduate student organizations, the IGSA augments graduate student life at Drexel for international students and collaborates across the University to offer the following support services.
- Webinars for new international students which include presentations from faculty and professional staff and time for questions answered by current international students. Webinar topics are related to life in the United States and at Drexel, packing information, banking recommendations, electronics advice, immigration, health insurance and more.
- Welcome programs for new international students.
- Shopping trips before classes start to local stores for furniture, electronics and other important supplies.
- Cultural and informational tours of the Philadelphia and Drexel areas.
- Group visits to Philadelphia attractions including the zoo and aquarium.
- Academic and professional workshops valuable for international students related to financial management, English writing, software and technology, career exploration and other professional development.
- Multicultural receptions and dinners throughout the year for holidays across many cultural backgrounds.
- Community events during Drexel breaks including Thanksgiving and winter.
- Hiking, shopping, amusement park and recreational trips throughout the year.
The Executive Board of the IGSA is composed of graduate students, professional staff and faculty advisors. IGSA events and programming are open to all Drexel graduate students. For more information please visit the IGSA website or email email@example.com.
Executive Board Members of the IGSA 2019-2020
||PhD Program in Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
||PhD Program in Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering
||Master's Program in Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences
|Event Coordinator, Director of Operations - Academic, Civic and Professional Development Events
||Master's Program in Business Analytics, Finance, LeBow College of Buisness
|Event Coordinator, Director of Operations - Social and Cultural Events
||Master's Program in Business Analytics, LeBow College of Business
English Language Center
Among many academic and student life resources, Drexel's English Language Center provides high quality English language instruction and support services to English language learners, including English Language Tutoring.
The English Language Center also provides an International Teaching Assistant (ITA) program for new international TAs. The website of the English Language Center has valuable information for new and international students related to housing, dining, banking and the city of Philadelphia.
For more information on transitioning to the United States, the Philadelphia area and to the Drexel community please see Drexel's Office of Faculty Affairs'
Guidebook for International Faculty which contains information pertinent to international graduate students as well.
The Journal of International Students also offers pertinent webinars related to the international student experience.
For more graduate student resources, visit the More Resources page.