International Students and Scholars Services
Where the World Meets Drexel
Welcome to Drexel University and welcome to the office of International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS). ISSS offers a vast array of programs and services to approximately 3,500+ international students, scholars, and faculty representing 120+ different countries. The ISSS staff works to promote meaningful interaction between United States Citizens and nationals of other countries by organizing culturally enriching opportunities for all members of the Drexel community. A student's affiliation with ISSS begins immediately after the admission process and continues well beyond graduation. ISSS staff can advise international students, scholars and faculty on immigration, cultural, financial, academic, and personal concerns, and makes appropriate referrals when necessary.
Coronavirus: Resources and Information
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Contact the ISSS Office:
Outside of Business Hours
Contact Drexel Public Safety
215.895.2222 (24 hours/day)
Visit International Students and Scholars Services
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Visit during office hours to drop off/pick up documents or to request a travel signature. ISSS offers the following advising options virtually and in-person:
Virtual Advising Sessions
- Mondays – Wednesdays, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, and Fridays, 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- No appointment necessary. Join via Zoom
In-Person One-on-One Appointments
Students can schedule a virtual or in-person appointment with an International Student & Scholar Advisor by signing into DrexelOne and navigating to the My Success Team channel.
J-1 Scholars and foreign national employees can schedule a virtual or in-person appointment by sending an appointment request to email@example.com.
Experiencing an immigration emergency outside of ISSS office hours? Visit our Emergency Information and Resources page to learn who you should contact.
Resources for New International Students
ISSS Monthly Newsletter
If you will be departing the United States, you must have the proper documents in order to re-enter so you can continue your time here at Drexel.
- Valid I-20 or DS-2019 – You will need a valid I-20 or DS-2019 if your program has not ended and you are in good standing with the ISSS office.
- Valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 – Travel signatures are valid for one year from the date of last signature in most cases. There is an exception for F1 students on OPT. For students on OPT, travel signatures are valid for six months from the date of last signature. The travel signature is on the second page of your I-20 or the front page of your DS-2019.
- Valid (Unexpired) U.S. Visa – Please visit the U.S. Visas website if you are traveling to Canada, Mexico, or an adjacent island with an expired visa. ISSS can provide a support letter for renewing your visa, if needed. If you are renewing your visa, be sure that you have enough time to do this during break. If you will not have enough time to renew your visa, it is not advised that you leave the United States.
- Valid passport (valid for at least six months)
- Unofficial transcript – ISSS recommends that Drexel students carry an unofficial transcript printed from DrexelOne.
If you have departed the U.S. without a signature or have a question about your travel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Visit during office hours to drop off/pick up documents or to request a travel signature.
Virtual Advising Hours
Mondays–Wednesdays, 2–4 p.m.
Fridays, 9:30–11:30 a.m.