The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at Drexel University serves as a resource for prospective and current postdocs.
What is a postdoc?
A postdoctoral appointment at Drexel University:
- Is a temporary training position (generally 5 years or less)
- Involves substantial full-time research or scholarship
- Prepares the trainee for a full-time career
- Is not part of a clinical training program
- Is performed under the supervision of one or more senior scholars or a department
- Allows and encourages the postdoc to publish the results of his/her research or scholarship
What can the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs help me with?
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at Drexel University will:
- Connect you with faculty, professional staff, and the Drexel Postdoctoral Association (DPA)
- Assist you in navigating campus resources, policies and procedures
- Provide opportunities for continued training and professional development
- Offer career guidance and support for next steps
Meet the Drexel Postdoctoral Association (DPA)
Click here to view the profiles of current DPA leadership.
More Resources for Postdocs
News & Announcements
8/26/2020: Natalie Chernets Selected to Serve on GREAT Postdoctorate Leaders Section Steering Committee
July 2020: The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs would like to congratulate new Cotswold Foundation Postdoctoral Fellows!
The Cotswold Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship is intended to foster the career development of Drexel University postdoctoral researchers who are pursuing a career in academic research and are seeking long-term employment at a U.S. educational and/or research institution. The fellowship will provide $50,000 for one year and Cotswold postdoctoral fellows will also augment instruction at Drexel University by providing additional teaching resources in a key scientific, engineering or clinical field.
Dr. Ipsita Mohanty
Mentor: Dr. Patrick Osei-Owusu
Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine
Project: Role of AT1R-integrin signaling in hypertension and chronic kidney disease development in elastin insufficiency
Dr. Paakhi Srivastava
Mentor: Dr. Adrienne Juarascio
Center for Weight, Eating and Lifestyle Science or WELL Center, College of Arts and Sciences
Project: The BODY+ Study: Using Just-in-time, Adaptive Interventions (JITAI) to Address Body Dissatisfaction in Bulimia Nervosa
Dr. Xuehang Wang
Mentor: Dr. Yury Gogotsi
Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering
Project: Electrochemical energy storage in 2D materials
Dr. Victor Rovira Zambrana
Mentor: Dr. Megan Detloff
Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine
Project: Involvement of Dorsal Rot Ganglia nociceptors phenotypic switch in the development of neuropathic pain after spinal cord injury
1/22/2020: DPA and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs receive 2019 Elsevier Award
Members of the Drexel Postdoctoral Association (DPA) and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at the "Mentors in Motion" event during National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW) September 2019.