Thesis and Dissertation
Please Note: Effective fall 2021, all PhD candidates must submit their graduation forms and materials using the E-Forms system. Professional doctorates should continue to file Doctoral or D-Forms and those outlined below and on the Graduation Requirements page. Students in the College of Medicine and Kline School of Law should consult with their college or school officials.
Thesis and Dissertation Preparation and Materials
Thesis and Dissertation Approval Process
Please note that individual academic programs or departments may have additional requirements. Please check with a representative from your program/department. In additional, please note that all PhD candidates must follow the E-Forms process outlined on the Graduation Requirements page which will generate the below forms and processes. Students in the College of Medicine and Kline School of Law should consult with their college or school officials. For others:
- After you successfully defend, make all content changes and edits as required by your defense committee and obtain all required committee signatures on the Graduate Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form and Signature Page [PDF]. The completed form should be formatted as the first page of your thesis/dissertation in preparation for electronic submission via ProQuest.
- Submit your final formatted thesis/dissertation to your supervising professor for approval.
- Submit your approved thesis/dissertation as a single PDF document to ProQuest (including the completed Graduate Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form and Signature Page as the first page and the title page as the second page) by going to http://www.etdadmin.com/drexel and click "Sign up" to create an account. Follow the steps to upload your document. This will take approximately 20–30 minutes.
- Once you have submitted all required materials to ProQuest, complete and sign the Graduate Program Completion Form [PDF] and obtain all other required signatures.
- Submit the completed Graduate Program Completion Form to the Graduate College via firstname.lastname@example.org by the posted deadline for final approval and degree clearance.
Please visit the Theses, Dissertations, and Projects page of the Drexel University Libraries' website for all submission details, as well as for answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
For submission information, including options for embargo, copyright and binding, visit the Thesis and Dissertation Submission page of the Drexel university Libraries' website.
For submission of a Master's or Doctoral Project which is not considered a thesis or dissertation, visit the Master's and Doctoral Project Submission page.
For more information about graduation requirements and deadlines, please visit the Graduation Requirements page.
For information about Commencement, please visit the Commencement website.
CONTACTS FOR THESIS AND DISSERTATION SUBMISSION
Phone: 215.895.6845 or 215.895.2766