CCI's Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science program provides a strong foundation in the emerging field of data science, with a focus on computational and systems issues.
This certificate program combines practically focused, yet technically rigorous training in machine learning, data-intensive computing, large-scale data management, algorithmic and data ethics, data visualization and cognitive systems.
- Available online or on campus.
- Five-course curriculum that provides a comprehensive overview of computational data science topics, including mathematical foundations of data science; algorithms and scalability; hands-on experience with tools and systems; and advanced modeling and visualization.
- Students who successfully complete the certificate have the option to continue broadening their understanding of computer science and data science by transitioning into the Master of Science in Computer Science degree program, or the Master of Science in Data Science degree program.
For more information on course requirements, please visit the Drexel University Catalog.
Admissions Requirements for Computational Data Science Certificate
- Graduate application for the on-campus program or the online program
- A four-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math or STEM field with coursework that includes (1) at least two terms of programming in a high-level language (e.g., Java, Python, C++), and (2) a rigorous mathematical background including calculus and linear algebra.
- 3.0 GPA in a prior completed degree, BA/BS and above.
- Provisional Admission is not available with this program.
- Official final transcripts including a bachelor's degree conferred from a regionally accredited institution and/or World Education Services (WES) Course-by-Course Evaluation of foreign transcripts.
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) suggested (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose: in approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Current Resume.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Additional Certificate in Data Science Available
For those interested in learning more about the real-world applications of data assets, CCI also offers a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Data Science (available online or on campus).