Managed by Teaching Professor Jeffrey Salvage, CCI's Senior Project is a multi-term capstone experience involving in-depth study and application of computing and informatics. Students work in teams through a development process that includes planning, specification, design, implementation, evaluation, and documentation. Projects are often conceived by external stakeholders who guide the requirements process and ultimately use the resulting application. Groups may be interdisciplinary with students from other departments throughout the university, including the College of Engineering and the Westphal College of Media Arts and Design. Projects are judged in a multi-level competition based on originality, compliance with software engineering principles, and successful deployment.
Please see the Senior Project website for more information.
Support CCI Senior Design Projects for a Better World
The College of Computing & Informatics’ Senior Design Project is seeking your support in making more community-focused senior projects a reality.
Past community-focused projects include:
- Goal Ball, a video game designed for the visually impaired that provides a replication of the real-world Paralympics game, goalball, with audio and sensory feedback to provide a fair, competitive environment. Before the students began building the game, the students enlisted the help of avid goalball players from the nearby Overbrook School for the Blind – a K-12 school in West Philadelphia since the 1830s and a Drexel community partner.
- HugoALS, which allows those with ALS to interact with their environment in a new way. A brain-computer interface system allows ALS patients to control their home (including thermostat, lights, entertainment systems, etc.) and access popular third party web services (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.). The project was also selected as a 2014-15 Drexel University Engineering Projects in Community Service.
With your generous gift, students will be better able to:
- Purchase necessary hardware and software for project development/production
- Test their projects in real-world environments
- Establish connections with community groups/stakeholders
Support student innovation today
100% of your gift goes to Senior Design Project costs. Make your gift today!