Who is the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics program for?
Drexel College of Computing & Informatics' online Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics provides you with an intensive introduction to the evolving field of medical/health informatics and the knowledge and skills necessary to the application of information technology (IT) in the provision of healthcare. This comprehensive certificate program is designed for information professionals, clinical personnel and health care support personnel who want to increase their knowledge of health information technology and management of the complex social and organizational issues surrounding this major change in health care. Students in the healthcare informatics certificate program will also acquire skills in planning and evaluation.
Credits from this certificate can be applied to the online MS in Health Informatics. The MS in Health Informatics program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Drexel CCI is a proud charter member of the American Medical Informatics Association Academic Forum.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Drexel operates on the quarter, not semester, system, offering classes during four 10-week terms throughout the year.
This curriculum includes:
- One required course
- Two elective courses to customize the certificate
Please visit Drexel’s Course Catalog for a full description of each required and elective course for this program. You can also find a sample Plan of Study for the certificate.
- A completed application for the online format.
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended. Please note: For students who have attended an institution outside of the US, it is highly recommended to submit a NACES approved course-by-course transcript evaluation (i.e., WES) for expedited review of your application. This approved evaluation will take the place of the transcript requirement to complete your application.
- One letter of recommendation required, two recommended (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose (approximately 500 words).
- Current Resume.
- Pre-requisites for all graduate level programs: computer requirements and skills.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Please visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Request More Information
Be in touch with us to get answers to all your questions! We can connect you with a Recruitment Specialist, one of our Graduate Dean’s Ambassadors, or a faculty member to help. Contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you soon.
Schedule a Visit or Register for an Online Information Session
Learn more about the College of Computing & Informatics experience through an online information session or an in-person visit. Contact our recruitment team to schedule your visit today by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org!