CCI Health and Safety Mission Statement
The Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) recognizes and accepts its responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace and learning environment for all students, faculty, professional staff, and visitors, and will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community. In addition, we are committed to providing a robust, dynamic, and engaging academic experience for all CCI students, whether face-to-face, temporarily remote, or online.
CCI will provide:
- Facilities that are safe and sanitary, with expanded cleaning and social distancing measures designed to mitigate risk to the highest level possible.
- Extensive information and instruction to enable all those on campus to support one another in maintaining a positive and healthy environment.
- Resources and supplies to enable those on campus to maintain cleanliness and hygiene throughout all CCI spaces in 3675 Market.
CCI acknowledges our responsibility and efforts in the safe return to campus and encourages personal responsibility and active participation by all members of the CCI community in following Pennsylvania, Drexel, and College recommendations both on campus and off. We have a shared responsibility to do our part in creating and maintaining a healthy, productive, and engaging CCI experience for every individual member of the CCI community.
Return to Campus Details for the CCI Community
Drexel President Fry announced on June 10 to the Drexel community the University’s continued progress for a full return to campus for the fall 2021 term. Vaccination will be required for faculty, students, and professional staff. Read President Fry’s June 10 message.
Those who would like to schedule a visit to campus, or those who would like to request access for other guests, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Guests must comply with all of Drexel’s public health policies and procedures and accept The Dragon Pledge, and are urged to review state travel advisories and health guidelines.
In addition, everyone spending time on campus will be required to follow all mandated policies and procedures, including:
- Face masks are required at all times.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Avoid congregating in groups.
- Practice good hygiene and rigorous hand washing.
- Adhere to all posted signage
Those coming to campus (guests, included) are no longer required to check in using the Drexel Health Checker before coming to campus. It is strongly encouraged that those individuals should NOT come to Drexel’s campus if they feel ill, or if they are not fully vaccinated and have been exposed to COVID-19.
Information and Support Resources
- IT/Helpdesk: During this term, CCI Commons will have workers present when in-person classes are occurring for technology support. Please contact email@example.com or 215-895-2480.
- Front Desk and CCI Commons Support will be available onsite for face-to-face classes during normal business hours.Otherwise, they are available via the Virtual Front Desk (215.895.2474). During this time, a representative will be available to help answer questions and assist with any issues or concerns you may have.
- CCI Directory: Contact info for faculty, advisors, and other professional staff. Phones and/or voicemail are being monitored daily.
- Upcoming Events: CCI is not currently holding on campus events. CCI's virtual events are listed on the events calendar.
Public Spaces in 3675 Market
- All traffic will be directed to the Market Street Main Entrance with specific doors designated for Enter and Exit Only to maintain traffic flow in one direction.
- Drexel and CCI currently require masks in all University spaces and locations (9th, 10th, 11th floors).Please enter CCI’s space with your mask on and fully covering your nose and mouth.
- 3675 Market recommends masks while in all public spaces (common areas, lobbies, etc.) of the building.
- Signage is placed in the elevator lobby indicating appropriate social distancing as well as the number of passengers permitted in an elevator. Please note, the number of elevators operating, and the number of riders permitted per elevator, may change based on Pennsylvania guidelines. Currently, the elevators can accommodate four (4) people at a time.
- Cleaning in the stairways has been increased to include frequent daily disinfection of stairs and handrails.
- The Quorum space is now open.
- All high-touch surfaces are sanitized regularly, including main lobbies, elevators, restrooms and stairways. The stair towers, with the anticipation of additional foot traffic, have been added to the high-touch disinfecting service.
ADVISING DETAILS FOR SUMMER TERM
- Advisors will be available to meet with students virtually through phone and Zoom appointments. Students may make an appointment via Timetrade in Drexel One or by emailing their undergraduate or graduate advisor directly. In addition, advisors will hold virtual “Open Hours” for students during high volume times including add/drop week and during registration.
- Undergraduate Advising: For information regarding how to contact your undergraduate academic advisor, information regarding advising services and advising FAQ’s, please view the Advising for CCI or Advising for CST-ONL course shells in BBLearn.
- Graduate Advising: For information regarding how to contact your graduate academic advisor, please refer to the CCI Graduate Advising page. In addition to academic resources provided by your advisor, the Graduate College has also compiled a comprehensive listing of graduate student services resources.
ONLINE CLASS RESOURCES
For CCI Faculty and Professional Staff
- IT’s Documentation Site: Comprehensive instructions and a listing of resources for remote work. Please note: when browsing the documentation, you may need to expand some sections to see further detailed instructions (noted by the “Click here to expand for instructions” within each document).
- Remote Teaching at Drexel (Please login with your Drexel credentials)
- Drexel CCI Zoom background (available for download)
Research Ramp Up
Drexel has now entered Phase 3, “The New Normal”. For more information please review: Guidance for Ramping Up Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities.
Effective 6/21, CCI PhD Students interested in working in their lab space during the summer term must complete the following steps*:
- Submit your request with a weekly schedule of the times/days you’d like to be on campus to your CCI faculty advisor.
- Forward your faculty advisor’s approval email to your Department Administrative Assistant (Evy Vega- CS, Allison Sands- IS). Your request will then be reviewed by the Department Head.
- Once approved, requests will be forwarded by the Department Head to 3675Market@drexel.edu.
- 3675Market@drexel.edu will confirm your schedule, start date for access, room that you will be assigned to and approval from the department.
*Please note, this process may take 5 business days so plan accordingly.