CCI Health and Safety Mission Statement
The Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) recognizes and accepts its responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace and learning environment for all students, faculty, professional staff, and visitors, and will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community. In addition, we are committed to providing a robust, dynamic, and engaging academic experience for all CCI students, whether face-to-face, temporarily remote, or online.
CCI will provide:
- Facilities that are safe and sanitary, with expanded cleaning and social distancing measures designed to mitigate risk to the highest level possible.
- Extensive information and instruction to enable all those on campus to support one another in maintaining a positive and healthy environment.
- Resources and supplies to enable those on campus to maintain cleanliness and hygiene throughout all CCI spaces in 3675 Market.
CCI acknowledges our responsibility and efforts in the safe return to campus, and encourages personal responsibility and active participation by all members of the CCI community in following Pennsylvania, Drexel, and College recommendations both on campus and off. We have a shared responsibility to do our part in creating and maintaining a healthy, productive, and engaging CCI experience for every individual member of the CCI community.
Return to Campus Details for the CCI Community
Drexel President Fry announced on March 15 to the Drexel community the University's intention for a full return to campus for fall 2021 term. The University will be ramping up in-person and hybrid classes through the summer. Drexel expects that, by the fall, every student will be able to have face-to-face learning experiences, although some hybrid classes and other operational modifications may remain based on public health guidance. Read President Fry's March 15 message
Those who would like to schedule a visit to campus, or those who would like to request access for other guests, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Any visitors to campus must utilize the Drexel Health Tracker (details online: https://drexel.edu/coronavirus/health-safety/monitor-your-health/drexel-health-tracker/). In addition, everyone spending time on campus will be required to follow all mandated policies and procedures, including:
- Face masks are required at all times.
- Maintain six (6) feet social distancing.
- Avoid congregating in groups.
- Practice good hygiene and rigorous hand washing.
- Adhere to all posted signage (room occupancy limits will be clearly posted for all rooms/spaces).
Information and Support Resources
- IT/Helpdesk: During this time, IT will be available remotely to assist with any technology questions. Please contact email@example.com or 215-895-2480.
- Front Desk and CCI Commons Support will be available via the Virtual Front Desk (215.895.2474) during normal business hours. During this time, a representative will be available to help answer questions and assist with any issues or concerns you may have.
- CCI Directory: Contact info for faculty, advisors, and other professional staff. Phones and/or voicemail are being monitored daily.
- Upcoming Events: CCI is not currently holding on campus events. CCI's virtual events are listed on the events calendar.
Public Spaces in 3675 Market
- All traffic will be directed to the Market Street Main Entrance (the Quorum entrance will remain closed), with specific doors designated for Enter and Exit Only to maintain traffic flow in one direction.
- Face coverings are required while in all public spaces (common areas, lobbies, etc.) of the building, and it is expected that all visitors and tenants will practice safe social distancing of six (6) feet or more.
- Signage is placed in the elevator lobby indicating appropriate social distancing as well as the number of passengers permitted in an elevator. Please note, the number of elevators operating, and the number of riders permitted per elevator, may change based on Pennsylvania guidelines. Currently, the elevators can accommodate two (2) people at a time.
- Stairways will be designated as Entry Only (up) or Exit Only (down) to direct foot traffic one-way and limit the opportunity for potential transfer of the virus. This will not apply to emergency situations where building evacuation is required.
- Cleaning in the stairways has been increased to include frequent daily disinfection of stairs and handrails.
- The Quorum space is closed until further notice. Please note, with social distancing guidelines, available capacity for waiting in the public areas of 3675 Market is greatly reduced.
- All high-touch surfaces are sanitized regularly, including main lobbies, elevators, restrooms and stairways. The stair towers, with the anticipation of additional foot traffic, have been added to the high-touch disinfecting service.
Jan. 13 Student Town Hall and Return to Campus Details
View a recording of the virtual town hall held for Drexel University students on January 13, 2021 concerning the reopening of campus and Drexel's response to COVID-19.
Advising Details for Spring Term
- Advisors will be available to meet with students virtually through phone and Zoom appointments. Students may make an appointment via Timetrade in Drexel One or by emailing their undergraduate or graduate advisor directly. In addition, advisors will hold virtual “Open Hours” for students during high volume times including add/drop week and during registration.
- Undergraduate Advising: For information regarding how to contact your undergraduate academic advisor, information regarding advising services and advising FAQ’s, please view the Advising for CCI or Advising for CST-ONL course shells in BBLearn.
- Graduate Advising: For information regarding how to contact your graduate academic advisor, please refer to the CCI Graduate Advising page. In addition to academic resources provided by your advisor, the Graduate College has also compiled a comprehensive listing of graduate student services resources.
On Campus Class Scheduling
- Ample time (a minimum of 30 minutes) has been scheduled between classes for cleaning/sanitizing and traveling in and out of 3675 Market.
- Single class sessions will take place across multiple rooms with support present in satellite classrooms. These room assignments have been finalized to ensure we are able to maintain necessary capacity to ensure adequate social distancing.
- One class session will take place on each floor during a given time.
Online Class Resources
For CCI Faculty and Professional Staff
- IT’s Documentation Site: Comprehensive instructions and a listing of resources for remote work. Please note: when browsing the documentation, you may need to expand some sections to see further detailed instructions (noted by the “Click here to expand for instructions” within each document).
- Remote Teaching at Drexel (Please login with your Drexel credentials)
- Drexel CCI Zoom background (available for download)
Research Ramp Up
Drexel faculty, students, and professional staff who need to apply to return to campus solely for research purposes can engage in the following process. Guidance for Ramping Up Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities
STEP 1: CCI Review/Approval (Departments/Deans)
- Faculty investigators (PI/Co-I) will be required to work with their student(s) directly to develop a ramp up plan using the Request For Return To Research Form [XLS]. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about completing the form.
- Faculty investigators should submit a detailed request and completed form on behalf of their student to 3675Market@drexel.edu. Once the request has been reviewed by the appropriate department head, it will then be reviewed by the Associate Dean for Research and college leadership team. Your request will be approved or declined within 3 business days, and you will be notified via email by 3675Market@drexel.edu.
- CCI will provide discipline-specific feedback to investigators that considers the specific space usage of research activity, along with adherence to policies, controls, and maintaining required safety guidelines.
STEP 2: University Review/Approval
- If the request is approved by CCI, it will be submitted to the Office of Research and Innovation (ORI) Research Ramp Up team using the email address: email@example.com, with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org, the department head, and the faculty investigator.
Note, the ORI has developed criteria for the review of all submissions. ORI will collaborate with other Drexel administrative and academic units to evaluate the request. The investigator(s) will be notified of approval or decline within a week of submission.
STEP 3: Preparation for Campus
Approved faculty and students will need to complete Drexel University trainings, as well as review and agree to safety measures within both 3675 Market and CCI’s space in the building. Post-visit follow up will also be required. Maximum capacity for lab spaces will be reviewed.