Who is the Graduate Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction & UX Research & Design program for?
Drexel College of Computing & Informatics' Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction and User Experience Research & Design program provides foundational, practical skills for professionals who want to design and evaluate a wide variety of user experiences and computer interfaces. This certificate prepares students to use design as a problem-solving methodology to address challenges in a variety of professional domains. Through a series of foundational courses, students become proficient with a range of industry-standard design tools and research methods.
To qualify for this HCI/UX program, applicants do not need a degree in HCI/ UX and can have a bachelor’s degree from any discipline. It is also ideal for tech professionals who encounter user experience and design problems in the course of their jobs, but who have not had opportunities for formal training.
This certificate can be combined with other certificates and/or courses to create the Master of Science degrees listed below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Drexel operates on the quarter, not semester, system, offering classes during four 10-week terms throughout the year.
Whether or not you have an educational or professional background in the tech field, the human computer interaction certificate provides the comprehensive knowledge you need to know to help make technology more useful, efficient and/or accessible for people and organizations. The curriculum provides a comprehensive overview of human-computer interaction topics, including design thinking, user experience research methods, and the theoretical and practical applications of design on human-computer interfaces
Please visit Drexel’s Course Catalog for a full description of each required and elective course for this program, as well as a sample Plan of Study for the certificate.
- A completed application for the online format or on-campus format.
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended. Please note: For students who have attended an institution outside of the US, it is highly recommended to submit a NACES approved course-by-course transcript evaluation (i.e., WES) for expedited review of your application. This approved evaluation will take the place of the transcript requirement to complete your application.
- One letter of recommendation required, two recommended (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose (approximately 500 words).
- Current Resume.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Please visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Request More Information
Be in touch with us to get answers to all your questions! We can connect you with a Recruitment Specialist, one of our Graduate Dean’s Ambassadors, or a faculty member to help. Contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you soon.
Schedule a Visit or Register for an Online Information Session
Learn more about the College of Computing & Informatics experience through an online information session or an in-person visit. Contact our recruitment team to schedule your visit today by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org!