Who is the Graduate Certificate in Computational AI and Machine Learning program for?
Drexel College of Computing & Informatics' Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Certificate in Computational Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning accepts applicants who hold Bachelor degrees in Computer Science or completed a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations, and offers them opportunities to learn the fundamentals of artificial intelligence and machine learning. The aim is to provide a strong foundation in this emerging area, with a focus on mathematical foundations, algorithms, and real-world applications.
This certificate can be combined with another certificate and courses to create Master of Science degrees as listed below.
Computational AI/ML Curriculum
IMPORTANT NOTE: Drexel operates on the quarter, not semester, system, offering classes during four 10-week terms throughout the year.
This four-course program provides an in-depth overview of the fundamentals of AI and Machine Learning topics.
Please visit Drexel’s Course Catalog for a full description of each required course and elective for this program, as well as a sample Plan of Study for the certificate.
Computational Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Certificate Admissions Requirements
- A completed application for the online format or on-campus format.
- A four-year bachelor's degree or Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related STEM degree plus work experience equal to Drexel's Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended. Please note: For students who have attended an institution outside of the US, it is highly recommended to submit a NACES approved course-by-course transcript evaluation (i.e., WES) for expedited review of your application. This approved evaluation will take the place of the transcript requirement to complete your application.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores (must be five years old or less) are not required but recommended for international students and domestic students below a 3.0 GPA.
- One letter of recommendation required, two recommended (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose (approximately 500 words).
- Current Resume.
- Pre-requisites for all graduate level programs: computer requirements and skills.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Please visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Request More Information
Be in touch with us to get answers to all your questions! We can connect you with a Recruitment Specialist, one of our Graduate Dean’s Ambassadors, or a faculty member to help. Contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you soon.
Schedule a Visit or Register for an Online Information Session
Learn more about the College of Computing & Informatics experience through an online information session or an in-person visit. Contact our recruitment team to schedule your visit today by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org!