Who is the Graduate Certificate in Software Management program for?
Drexel College of Computing & Informatics' Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Certificate in Software Management advances skill sets and capabilities in requirements engineering, communicating with stakeholders, and managing time, budget, and personnel for software engineering projects. Software management is a complex endeavor requiring understanding of software engineering technology combined with general management skills. The certificate is designed for software engineers who are preparing for or are already in a management role.
This certificate can be combined with other certificates and/or courses to create the Master of Science degrees listed below.
Software Management Curriculum
IMPORTANT NOTE: Drexel operates on the quarter, not semester, system, offering classes during four 10-week terms throughout the year.
This curriculum includes required courses as well elective courses which will enable you to customize the certificate to your professional needs.
Please visit Drexel’s Course Catalog for a full description of each required and elective course for this program. You can also find a sample Plan of Study for the certificate.
Software Management Certificate Admissions
- A completed application for the online format or on-campus format.
- A four-year bachelor's degree or Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related STEM degree plus work experience equal to Drexel's Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended. Please note: For students who have attended an institution outside of the US, it is highly recommended to submit a NACES approved course-by-course transcript evaluation (i.e., WES) for expedited review of your application. This approved evaluation will take the place of the transcript requirement to complete your application.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores (must be five years old or less) are not required but recommended for international students and domestic students below a 3.0 GPA.
- One letter of recommendation required, two recommended (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose (approximately 500 words).
- Current Resume.
- Pre-requisites for all graduate level programs: computer requirements and skills.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Please visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Request More Information
Be in touch with us to get answers to all your questions! We can connect you with a Recruitment Specialist, one of our Graduate Dean’s Ambassadors, or a faculty member to help. Contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you soon.
Schedule a Visit or Register for an Online Information Session
Learn more about the College of Computing & Informatics experience through an online information session or an in-person visit. Contact our recruitment team to schedule your visit today by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org!