Who is the Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics program for?
Drexel College of Computing & Informatics' Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics, a sub-field of Data Science, focuses on the skills essential to this discipline, including cloud computing, distributed computing and natural language processing. It also offers the opportunity to practice your skills in capstone projects.
This certificate program may be combined with other certificates and/or courses to create the Master of Science degrees listed below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Drexel operates on the quarter, not semester, system, offering classes during four 10-week terms throughout the year.
This certificate is comprised of:
- Two required core courses
- Three electives to customize your certificate
Please visit Drexel’s Course Catalog for a full description of each required course and elective for this program. You can also find a sample Plan of Study for the certificate.
- A completed application for the online format or on-campus format.
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended. Please note: For students who have attended an institution outside of the US, it is highly recommended to submit a NACES approved course-by-course transcript evaluation (i.e., WES) for expedited review of your application. This approved evaluation will take the place of the transcript requirement to complete your application.
- One letter of recommendation required, two recommended (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose (approximately 500 words).
- Current Resume.
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Please visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.
Request More Information
Be in touch with us to get answers to all your questions! We can connect you with a Recruitment Specialist, one of our Graduate Dean’s Ambassadors, or a faculty member to help. Contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you soon.
Schedule a Visit or Register for an Online Information Session
Learn more about the College of Computing & Informatics experience through an online information session or an in-person visit. Contact our recruitment team to schedule your visit today by contacting us at email@example.com!