CCI's Graduate Certificate in Computer Science program is designed for recent graduates and professionals seeking to learn the theoretical and technical foundations necessary to tackle the latest challenges in computer science and related areas. The program may also serve as an entry point to Master of Science degrees in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, and/or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Computer Science Certificate Program Requirements
- Four-course program provides an in-depth overview of the fundamentals of the computer science field, including courses in programming foundations, advanced programming techniques and computer science foundations
- Curriculum is designed to provide an accelerated introduction to computer science for those looking to transition into a programming position or an MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning or related field, or for those lacking formal computer science training
- The program is also ideal for current graduate students from different disciplines who wish to develop computing skills to apply in their field
- Graduates of the program may immediately transfer into the following programs (click here to view eligibility requirements): Master of Science in Computer Science; Master of Science in Software Engineering; Master of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Computer Science Certificate Coursework
The computer science certificate program provides training in programming, algorithms, systems and software design along with a graduate computer science elective appropriate for the student's area of interest or desired career path.
The computer science certificate curriculum is comprised of four courses:
- CS 501 Introduction to Programming
- CS 502 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CS 503 System Basics
- CS 504 Introduction to Software Design
Students who complete the certificate and wish to continue their studies in a MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, can transfer the four required certificate courses towards those master’s degrees. Students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the Computer Science Certificate to be eligible for MS enrollment. Once the certificate is successfully completed, the student will submit an application for their MS program with their Academic Advisor.
For more information on curriculum, please visit the Drexel University Catalog.
Students entering the program should possess basic programming knowledge and solid analytic skills (e.g., obtained through undergraduate math courses).
- A completed application for the online program or on-campus program.
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above.
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended.
- One letter of recommendation required, two recommended (academic, professional, or both).
- Essay/Statement of Purpose.
- Current Resume.
- Pre-requisites for all graduate level programs: computer requirements and skills
- Additional requirements for International Students.
Visit our Graduate Admissions section for application deadlines.