Drexel Common Good Award
In partnership with the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement, the Drexel Common Good Award is presented to graduate and professional students (master's and/or doctoral level) who demonstrate academic excellence and who are committed to improving the world around them by making contributions to local, national or global communities through either scholarship, civic engagement, and community building, including remotely/online.
Eligible graduate students must be fully matriculated in a graduate program or have graduated in the current academic year. Medical and law students may also be nominated. Self-nominations will also considered for this award, but must be supported by a faculty member, professional staff member, and/or an external supervisor.
Up to three awards are presented for $250, one sponsored by the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement.
Nomination Process & Timeline
Faculty and professional staff members are encouraged to nominate eligible graduate and professional students. External professionals who supervise the student in a related capacity may also nominate. Students may also self-nominate for this award, but self-nominations must be supported by a faculty member, professional staff member, and/or an external supervisor.
The 2021-2022 awards cycle is complete.
View the 2022 award winners. View a complete list of 2022 award winners on the Graduate Student Day page.
- Completed Nomination Form (2022-2023 Link TBA)
- Self-nominations will require a letter of recommendation or statement from a faculty member, professional staff member, or external supervisor.
- Resume/CV- Maximum of 2 pages (such as an NSF or NIH biosketch)
- Originality, Creativity and Significance of Scholarship, Civic Engagement, and/or Community Building
- External Recognition and/or Evidence of Enhancing Drexel’s Reputation
- Internal Recognition and/or University Partnership
- Impact on the Field and/or Community (Drexel, Local, Regional, National or Societal)
Award Selection & Distribution
The Graduate College appoints a diverse group of faculty and professional staff representing Drexel's Colleges and Schools to review nominations and select University-level awardees based on the evaluation criteria. Awards are usually distributed each year at a Graduate Student Day awards ceremony and reception. Graduating awardees are also listed in the official Commencement program and may also be recognized during their individual College or School Commencement ceremony.
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate College at email@example.com.
Visit the Graduate College website for more information about the Graduate Student Excellence Awards.