Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
“Diversity is a fact, but inclusion is a choice we make everyday. As leaders, we have to put out the message that we embrace, and not just tolerate, diversity.” - Nellie Borrero
Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Graduate College of Drexel University is committed to actively fostering and promoting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) by embracing all human differences while building on the commonalities amongst different groups.
Our Strategic Commitment to JEDI
At our core, the Graduate College of Drexel University is devoted to actively fostering and supporting a learning community that strives to ensure justice, equity, diversity and inclusivity is embedded in the foundational principles of our institutional mission. As a social justice centered organization, we are deeply committed to engaging in critical dialogues to respond to the ever-changing realities of our world, thoughtfully and respectfully. Collectively with all our stakeholders, the Graduate College is seeking to have open and honest dialogue that addresses the systemic barriers impacting all the members of our graduate community.
- Inclusive Environment
- JEDI Programs & Initiatives
- Collaborative Community
Read the Graduate College's Strategic Plan
Last updated November 2021. Requires Drexel login.
Diversity Advisory Council
The Graduate College formed the Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) in spring 2020 to address issues of institutional racism, unconscious bias and racial inequalities within the Drexel community, raise awareness of these issues, implement action items, and support our Black community members. The council liaises academic and administrative units, and is actively working to implement the recommendations of the the University's Anti-Racism Task Force (ARTF).
For more information about the DAC and a list of current members, please visit the Diversity Advisory Council page.
JEDI News & Announcements
- The latest DEI News from DrexelNEWS
- Celebrating Leaders in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging - February 27, 2023
- Presenting the 2022 Annual Report on Drexel's Anti-Racism Commitments - September 20, 2022
- Results of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Climate Survey - September 20, 2022
- Accommodating Religious Observances - September 15, 2022
- Introducing the Office for Institutional Equity and Inclusive Culture (EIC) - September 8, 2022
- Summer Updates from the Graduate College - July 1, 2022
- Announcing the Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - June 28, 2022
- Robert Livingston Sparks a Conversation with Senior Leadership - April 25, 2022
- Discussion Links Drexel's Anti-Racism Efforts and Its New Strategic Plan - February 23, 2022
- Anti-Racism Task Force Final Report - September 23, 2021
- Recap: Towards and Anti-Racist University Virtual Roundtable - June 28, 2021
Visit the "News" section of the Graduate College website for more.
Anti-Racism Task Force Report
As part of the Graduate College’s commitment to JEDI, we are actively working to implement the recommendations of the Anti-Racism Task Force (ARTF). The ARTF published Toward an Anti-Racist Drexel: The Anti-Racism Task Force's Final Report and the University’s Commitments to Change in September 2021. To read the report, visit the ARTF website. Please also review Defining Drexel's Culture of Inclusion for a list of key terms used in the report.
Read the ARTF Report