Research Excellence Awards
Research Excellence Awards are presented to graduate students who have completed original, innovative research, scholarship and/or creativity during their career at Drexel. The awards are designed to recognize widely disseminated student research with significant impact on the field or society. Eligible graduate students must be fully matriculated in a graduate program. We also encourage nominations for online students.
Up to four awards will be presented to:
- A post-candidacy doctoral student (earned 45 or more credits toward his/her degree) for $750
- A pre-candidacy doctoral student or master’s student continuing through a doctoral program (earned less than 45 credits toward his/her degree) for $500
- A master’s students not continuing through a doctoral program for $500
- A graduate student for most original and creative work for $500
Nomination Process & Timeline
Full-time faculty are encouraged to nominate eligible graduate students.
Nominations for the 2020-2021 Academic Year are due by 12 p.m. EDT Friday, April 30, 2021. Award winners will be notified and announced on or around May 12, 2021.
- Completed Nomination Form via Qualtrics
- Student’s Personal Statement- Maximum of 2 pages
- Student's Resume/CV- Maximum of 2 pages (such as an NSF or NIH biosketch)
- Originality, Creativity and Significance of Research
- External Recognition (peer-reviewed papers published, presentations, awards, recognition by professional associations, etc.)
- Internal Recognition (Drexel awards, standing of the student among peers, etc.)
- Impact on the Field (through citations, H-index, etc.)
Award Selection & Distribution
The Graduate College appoints a diverse group of faculty and professional staff representing Drexel's Colleges and Schools to review nominations and select University-level awardees based on the evaluation criteria. Awards are usually distributed each year at a Graduate Student Day awards ceremony and reception; however, due to COVID-19, we will honor awardees by sending a University-wide announcement and distributing digital award certificates. Graduating awardees are also listed in the official Commencement booklet and may also be recognized during their College/School Commencement ceremony.
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate College at email@example.com.
Visit the Graduate College website for more information about the Graduate Student Excellence Awards.