Drexel Emerging Graduate Scholars Conference
Monday, April 26 & Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Research to Tackle Emerging Challenges
The Graduate Student Association (GSA), in partnership with the Graduate College and Office of Research and Innovation, will host the fifth annual Drexel Emerging Graduate Scholars (DEGS) Conference, a free, student-run, University-wide conference highlighting Drexel's graduate student research enterprise.
All students, postdocs, faculty, professional staff, alumni, and guests of the University are invited to attend virtually!
Due to COVID-19, the 2021 DEGS Conference will be held virtually, with tentative plans for an in-person socially distant awards ceremony (TBD). Last year, more than 70 graduate students presented their work virtually in both synchronous and asynchronous formats over the two-day period. This year will follow a similar format.
This year's theme is Research to Tackle Emerging Challenges. Challenges emerge in every field and require creative and innovative thinking and methodology to discover potential solutions. We are incredibly proud of you, our graduate students, and your ability to adapt and adjust this past year as you continue important work, advance your field of study, and impact positive change. We look forward to showing off your work at all levels and stages at this year’s DEGS conference.
Click the link below to register for the virtual conference. Registrants will receive an email with a detailed schedule and instructions on how to access conference sessions a few days prior. We will continue to send to new registrants a confirmation email through the end of the conference.
Call for Judges
We invite faculty, professional staff, postdocs, and graduate alumni to serve as judges for the DEGS Conference!
Sign Up To Be A Judge
About the Conference
The annual conference provides opportunities for graduate students to participate in professional development workshops, showcase their research (at any level) to those outside of their academic discipline, engage with student peers, postdocs, alumni, faculty and professional staff from across the University and compete for monetary awards.
2021 Conference Highlights
2021 Conference Schedule
Click here to view the 2021 conference schedule.
2021 Conference Planning Committee
- Chair: Md Rasheduzzaman, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Graduate Student Association & PhD Program in Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering
- Luis Rebollar Tercero, President, Graduate Student Association & PhD Program in Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Divya Kamireddi, Academic Chair, Graduate Student Association & PhD Program in Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering
- Devon Carrow, Vice President of Communications, Graduate Student Association & Master's in Health Care Administration Program, College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Amy Honnig, Vice President of Operations, Graduate Student Association & PhD Program in Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Danesha Chisholm, Vice President of Finance, Graduate Student Association & DBA Program, LeBow College of Business
- Sandra Strang, Director of Communications and Events, Graduate College
- Anne Converse Willkomm, Assistant Dean, Graduate College, Assistant Clinical Professor, Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- Kimberly David-Chung, Assistant Vice President, Virtual Student Experience, Drexel University Online, Student Life and Graduate College
- Natalie Chernets, Director of Postdoctoral Affairs & Professional Development
- Tsz Kwok, Associate Director, Graduate College, Adjunct Faculty, Westphal College of Media Arts & Design
- David Kim, Administrative Coordinator, Graduate College
- Reina Lopez, Manager, Events and Conferences, Drexel University Online
- Michelle Layone, Coordinator, Events and Conferences, Drexel University Online
- Melissa Richman, Executive Director of Online and Graduate Financial Services and Planning, Graduate College
- Emily Geschke, Executive Director, Student Life, Campus Engagement, Enrollment Management, and Student Success
- Jennifer Tifone, Assistant Director, Finance and Administration, Enrollment Management & Student Success
- The Executive Board of the Graduate Student Association
- The Professional Staff of the Graduate College
- The Professional Staff of Drexel University Online
If you have a documented disability and would like to request accommodations, please contact Disability Resources at 215.895.1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate 72 hours of advance notice for these requests.
Visit the conference archive
for a list of participants, awardees, photos and videos from previous conferences.
Support the Conference
Click to Make a Gift and help support this annual student-run conference, now in its fourth year. Read conference testimonials.