Teaching Assistant Excellence Awards
Teaching Assistant Excellence Awards are presented to graduate and professional students (master's and/or doctoral level) who serve as Teaching Assistants or Teaching Fellows (TAs/TFs) and who exhibit exemplary commitment to student learning through reflective teaching practices, creative and innovative teaching methods, academic support, leadership and a commitment to their own professional growth and development as an educator.
Awards are presented for:
- Excellence in Teaching Assistance- Must have taught or supported at least one course, including online courses, during the current academic year and be a first-time TA award winners, up to 10 awards will be presented for $200 each
- Continued Excellence in Teaching Assistance- Previous TA award winners who are nominated again and deemed deserving of continued recognition, no monetary award
- Highly Commended- TA award finalists, no monetary award
Nomination Process & Timeline
Faculty supported by TAs and students who are or were recently enrolled in a course supported by a graduate student TA are encouraged to nominate deserving TAs. Eligible graduate student TAs must have taught or supported at least one course, including remote/online, during the current academic year and must be fully matriculating in a graduate program. Medical and law students may also be nominated.
The 2021-2022 awards cycle is complete.
View the 2022 award winners. View a complete list of 2022 award winners on the Graduate Student Day page.
- Completed Nomination Form (2022-2023 Link TBA)
- FOR FACULTY NOMINATING ONLY- Student’s Personal Statement- Maximum of 1 page outlining the student's teaching philosophy (if teaching) and/or describing their responsibilities, innovative and/or impactful contributions to support faculty, students, and the learning environment.
- Contributions to Student Learning
- Reflective Teaching Practices
- Leadership/Potential Growth
- Outstanding Contributions and Innovation
- Outstanding Contributions to Academic Support
Award Selection & Distribution
The Graduate College appoints a diverse group of faculty and professional staff representing Drexel's Colleges and Schools to review nominations and select University-level awardees based on the evaluation criteria. Awards are usually distributed each year at a Graduate Student Day awards ceremony and reception. Graduating awardees are also listed in the official Commencement program and may also be recognized during their individual College or School Commencement ceremony.
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate College at email@example.com.
Visit the Graduate College website for more information about the Graduate Student Excellence Awards.