Teaching Assistant Excellence Awards
Teaching Assistant Excellence Awards are presented to graduate students who serve as Teaching Assistants or Teaching Fellows (TAs/TFs) and who exhibit exemplary commitment to student learning through reflective teaching practices, creative and innovative teaching methods, academic support, leadership and a commitment to their own professional growth and development as an educator.
Awards will be presented for:
- Excellence in Teaching Assistance- Must have taught or supported at least one course, including online courses, during the current academic year and be a first-time TA award winners, up to 10 awards will be presented for $100 each
- Continued Excellence in Teaching Assistance- Previous TA award winners who are nominated again and deemed deserving of continued recognition, no monetary award
- Highly Commended- TA award finalists, no monetary award
Nomination Process & Timeline
Faculty supported by TAs and students who are or were recently enrolled in a course supported by a graduate student TA are encouraged to nominate deserving TAs. Eligible graduate student TAs must have taught or supported at least one course, including remote/online, during the current academic year and must be fully matriculating in a graduate program. Medical and law students may also be nominated.
Nominations for the 2020-2021 Academic Year are due by 12 p.m. EDT Friday, April 30, 2021. Award winners will be notified and announced on or around May 12, 2021.
- Completed Nomination Form via Qualtrics
- FOR FACULTY NOMINATING ONLY- Student’s Personal Statement- Maximum of 1 page outlining the student's teaching philosophy (if teaching) and/or describing their responsibilities, innovative and/or impactful contributions to support faculty, students, and the learning environment.
- Contributions to Student Learning
- Reflective Teaching Practices
- Leadership/Potential Growth
- Outstanding Contributions and Innovation
- Outstanding Contributions to Academic Support
Award Selection & Distribution
The Graduate College appoints a diverse group of faculty and professional staff representing Drexel's Colleges and Schools to review nominations and select University-level awardees based on the evaluation criteria. Awards are usually distributed each year at a Graduate Student Day awards ceremony and reception; however, due to COVID-19, we will honor awardees by sending a University-wide announcement and distributing digital award certificates. Graduating awardees are also listed in the official Commencement booklet and may also be recognized during their College/School Commencement ceremony.
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate College at email@example.com.
Visit the Graduate College website for more information about the Graduate Student Excellence Awards.