Center for Military and Veteran Services
Make a Donation
VA Benefits Certifying Official
Assistant Director, Veteran Services
Creese Student Center, Room 48L
3210 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Drexel University has long been considered a top choice for military-connected students, and we are proud of our nearly 600 student-veterans, active-duty, reservists, and military dependents who have decided to make Drexel their home.
The Center for Military and Veteran Services coordinates a campus-wide effort to ensure that student-veterans and military dependents are able to access high-quality campus services with ease; our goal is to create a truly military-friendly campus community through our welcoming and informative approach. Learn more about the resources available through the Center for Military and Veteran Services brochure [PDF].
Interested in attending Drexel? Learn more about how to apply. To review the educational benefits offered to veterans, visit Drexel Central. If you're looking to get involved or learn more about the Center for Military and Veteran Services, email email@example.com.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Providing information relating to admissions, academics, financing, Yellow Ribbon benefits, counseling and health, and disability resources.
- Overseeing the Masci Family Student Veterans Lounge for student-veterans with leadership opportunities for Student Veteran Ambassadors.
- Onboarding and orienting student-veterans and military students during Welcome Week in the fall and at the start of each term.
- Planning networking opportunities and social activities for military-connected students to connect with alumni.
- Organizing service and philanthropic events to engage military-connected students and their families in giving back to their community.
- Providing career education opportunities and an optional course for veterans in transition from military to civilian careers.
- Organizing campus-wide events to celebrate service, such as the Memorial Day Primer and our Veterans Day Tribute.
- Coordinating priority registration and liaising with advisors who monitor academic performance and retention of veterans and military-connected students.
Our current military-friendly community includes the following:
- Drexel Veterans Task Force – Made up of representatives from key University departments that impact student success
- Drexel Veterans Association (DVA) – Drexel's student-veteran organization
- Military Transition Program – A transitional program out of the Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- Drexel Veterans Alumni Network (DVAN) – Drexel's alumni veteran organization (in coordination with Alumni Relations)
- Drexel Veterans Colleague Resource Group (DVCRG) – Employee veterans (Office for Institutional Equity and Inclusive Culture)
- Academic Advising
- Admissions: Transfer and Graduate
- Alumni Relations
- Army ROTC
- Athletics / Recreation
- Center for Inclusive Education and Scholarship (CIES)
- Center for Learning and Academic Success Services (CLASS)
- Center for Military and Veteran Services
- Communications and Marketing, EMSS
- Corporate & Executive Education, LeBow College of Business
- Counseling & Health
- Department of Public Safety
- Disability Resources
- Drexel Central: Financial Aid and Billing
- Drexel Education Online
- Drexel University Libraries
- Drexel Veterans Association
- Health Insurance and Immunizations
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Research
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Lindy Center
- Office for Institutional Equity and Inclusive Culture
- Office of Government Relations
- Office of the Provost
- Office of Scholar Development
- Office of the University Registrar
- Student Life
- Steinbright Career Development Center
- Undergraduate Research and Enrichment Programs
- Veterans Colleague Resource Group
- Co-op essentials course designed specifically for Veterans
- Events with Philadelphia veteran service organizations to support career education and networking (ActionTank, FourBlock, GPVN, Bunker Labs, and DVVC)
- Collaboration with the Steinbright Career Development Center and Human Resources to sponsor annual "lunch and learn" events highlighting best practices working with student-veterans
- Continued collaboration among Drexel's veterans' administration, CMVS, and Drexel's Office of Counseling and Health Services to promote mental health
- Veterans and military family appreciation events in November, including City of Philadelphia Veterans Day Parade participation (students, faculty, professional staff, and alumni)
- Drexel Family Weekend recognition of military and families
- Supporting master's and doctorate student research on veterans in higher education
- Host Care Package Drive for active duty deployed military professionals
- Partnering with the Goodwin College of Professional Studies with a military transition student success seminar course for new student-veterans
- Alumni veteran presentations focused on careers and how to leverage service and higher education in the workplace
- Hosting panels featuring veteran women who have served our nation as part of the annual Women's Herstory Month programs
- Alumni Weekend events
- Collaboration with Army ROTC Task Force Dragon to host the Hall of Fame
- Annual Memorial Day Primers honoring members of the U.S. armed services who gave their lives in service
- Red, white, and blue graduation cords for military-connected students, faculty, and professional staff to receive recognition at Commencement
3210 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.