The College of Computing & Informatics offers two opportunities for CCI students to gain experience in leadership roles: the Dean’s Ambassadors and the Peer Mentors.
Eligible students must:
- Be enrolled in a major in the College of Computing & Informatics
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have sophomore status or higher at the start of the Fall 2019 term
- Be enrolled in classes or on co-op for at least 2 terms for the upcoming academic year
The CCI Undergraduate Dean’s Ambassadors program is focused on promotion of the College experience to prospective and new students, Corporate Partners, VIP guests, potential donors, etc.
Dean's Ambassadors will have a significant role in recruiting and admissions events, as well as driving new student growth and engagement.
By becoming a Dean’s Ambassador, you will help fellow students, you will strengthen your leadership, public speaking, and communication skills, and you will develop unique experiences with academic partners. This is a paid position.
Ambassadors assist CCI through:
- Promoting and supporting Diversity & Inclusion
- Conversations and presentations for prospective students and families
- Highlighting the strengths of CCI and what makes it unique through your own experiences.
Note: Dean's Ambassadors serve for one academic year (break week prior to Fall term to end of break weeks after Summer term). An exception may be made for graduating seniors.
Dean’s Ambassadors are paid positions with a commitment of approximately 20 hours/month. Some months may require additional time.
The CCI Undergraduate Peer Mentor Program is in place to enhance our college community by connecting undergraduate students with first year and continuing students.
Peer Mentors will have a significant role in UNIV CI101: The Drexel Experience courses, the College Learning Community, and retention efforts for CCI.
Becoming a peer mentor is an opportunity to develop leadership skills, connect with your fellow peers in a meaningful way.
Mentors assist first year and continuing CCI undergraduate students with:
- Transitioning to life at Drexel
- Helping to build a sense of CCI community
- Sharing student experience of life in the classroom and on Co-op
- Providing information about campus resources such as tutoring, clubs and organizations, and the Counseling Center
Note: The Peer Mentor role is a paid position. Peer Mentors serve during their class terms as indicated by their Co-op cycle. Peer Mentors do not serve during terms they are on Co-op.
We are no longer accepting Leadership Opportunities applications at this time.