Housing Assignment Priority System
During the process of assigning registered students with completed housing applications (defined as a completed online housing application and any required housing deposits), Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to assign students using the below stated assignment guidelines and priorities.
First-Year students are required to live in a Housing and Residence Life residence hall; Second-Year students must live in Drexel Residence Halls, Drexel Fraternity of Sorority house or University-Affiliated Housing, or the Haven at Drexel.
- Matriculated full-time first year students with a completed housing application and required housing deposit.
- Matriculated full-time second year students will be assigned if a completed application and required housing deposit by the published deadline.
- Matriculated full-time transfer students who apply for housing by May 15 will be given priority consideration for a room on a campus in Caneris or Stiles Hlalls (Drexel University Housing). However, housing is not guaranteed for Transfer students. Availability will be determined in June and July. All other Transfer applications received will be provided a housing assignment on a space-available basis.
- Matriculated full-time returning students will be provided a housing assignment on a space-available basis.
- Matriculated full-time graduate students will be provided a housing assignment on a space-available basis.
Once Self Selection opens, students will be able to select any available bed space via their Housing Application. Students do NOT need to have a roommate group to reserve a room/suite. Reservations for 1 of the beds in the suite will be accepted. To maximize all space on campus and to ensure all students have an equitable opportunity to live on-campus, Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to consolidate suites and/or bedrooms of the same gender. Confirmed roommate pairings will be moved together!