Student Code of Conduct
Student Conduct seeks to create and maintain a process that is transparent and equitable for Students and Student Organizations. The policies and process described on this website have, in some cases, been paraphrased to provide a general understanding. The full Code of Conduct (the Code) [PDF] can be downloaded for review.
Student Conduct has established, in accordance with its mission, vision, and values, a code of high standards of behavior to include the following expectations for Students and Student Organizations to:
- Accept responsibility when their choices or actions have negatively impacted themselves, others, or the community at large.
- Engage in constant learning, practice self-reflection, and develop resilience to maintain academic, personal, and professional integrity.
- Foster positive relationships with others.
- Ensure the health, wellness, and safety of themselves and their communities.
- Demonstrate mutual respect and equity within the bounds of the Code of Conduct.
Accommodation Statement: Just as students with disabilities may be eligible for accommodations in their classes, accommodations may be available for Student Conduct procedures as well. Students with disabilities requesting accommodations and/or services from Student Conduct need to present a current accommodation verification letter (AVL) prior to their conduct meeting. AVLs are issued by the Office of Equality and Diversity's Disability Resources team. For additional information, visit the Disability Resources website.