About Student Life
For asssitance planning an event on campus, please contact Event Services.
Student Life fosters learning and development.
Student Life is the essential resource and trusted leader for the delivery of co-curricular programs, services, and information to all students and other members of the University community.
- Advocacy: We champion the needs and concerns of our students to provide a caring and just campus community.
- Balance: We encourage healthy lifestyle choices in response to daily challenges and competing priorities.
- Challenge: We purposefully engage others to consider what could be by encouraging them in "thinking outside the box" to create positive change.
- Collaboration: We partner with other University departments, working as a team, to maximize the campus life experience.
- Inclusiveness: We value, accept, and embrace all people in our community as demonstrated through our behaviors and established policies and practices.
- Integrity: We employ honesty and ethical decision-making practices in all that we do.
- Learning: We provide meaningful and insightful experiences that shape our personal and professional development.
Student Development Philosophy
The members of the Drexel University Student Life Staff are dedicated to creating a developmental, experiential co-curricular campus environment that challenges as well as supports our students.
Student Life is committed to the success and balance of the whole student body by empowering students to develop the necessary skills to make educated decisions about their lives and to become life-long learners. We implement this philosophy through our respect, encouragement and value of individuality, creativity, diversity, integrity, community, and the motivation of intellectual curiosity.
It is our passionate belief that a student's development occurs outside as well as inside the classroom. We believe that student development is fostered by action as well as reflection on that action and involves the encouragement of strong leadership skills, as well as the acquisition of knowledge.
In many respects, whether you reside on campus or commute, your engagement in Student Life will help determine the quality of your collegiate experience.