Programs and Traditions
There are many featured programs and events throughout the year that we call traditions. Below are a few student life programs and traditions that Drexel Dragons can expect to get involved in.
- Welcome Week – This celebratory and informative event gives all New Dragons, including both first-year and transfer students, the opportunity to spend time together at Drexel for a full week before diving into classes.
- Dragon Days – Student Life celebrates the start of the fall and spring terms with Dragon Days activities and events. All students should take advantage of the opportunities to meet student organizations, learn about campus departments, and enjoy free fun and food.
- Dragons After Dark – These provide fun programming opportunities every weekend for students.
- Hazing Prevention Week – This important week raises awareness of the negative effects of hazing and provides students with the opportunity to come together for fun activities.
- University City 5K Run – Managed by Drexel University, Student Life, and Drexel alumni; students and community members are encouraged to line the race route and help cheer on the runners. The event benefits the Nicholas P. Pipino Memorial Scholarship for Drexel University students.
- Homecoming – It's the Winter Tradition! Every year, Homecoming is a time for alumni to come back and celebrate their Dragon pride with the rest of the Drexel community. Events include athletic competitions, Alumni events, crowning of the Homecoming Court and Royal Dragon, and the Student Competition.
- Drexel Drag Show– Each year, Drexel community members come together for a night of extravaganza. The art of drag is about performances, satire, and challenging social norms and concepts while promoting diversity and inclusion.
- The Ball – Brought to you by the Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion (SCDI), The Ball is a night of celebration welcome to all identities and gender expressions.
- Student Life Awards – Student Life and the Undergraduate Student Government Association collaborate to recognize and reward Drexel community members who have made significant contributions to Student Life at the University and in the surrounding community.
- Commencement – Every year, Drexel celebrates student achievement as seniors graduate and are honored with both their college and school ceremony and the special University-wide Commencement ceremony at Citizens Bank Park.