Instructions for Obtaining a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check for School of Education Field Placement Purposes (SELF PAY)
This instruction guide is intended to be used only by Drexel University students completing field placement experiences with the School of Education. Human Resources would like to highlight that this is a state form and may not be inclusive of all genders, races, or ethnicities. Should you need assistance during this process, please email SOEclearances@drexel.edu.
1. Go to epatch.state.pa.us.
2. Click on the gray box for “Submit a New Record Check.” Do NOT click on the yellow "New Record Check (Volunteers Only)" box as that is for clearances obtained for volunteer purposes only.
3. Scroll down, check the box and click “Accept.”
4. Select “Individual Request” and click “Continue.”
5. Complete this screen using your personal information (select Employment as the Reason for Request) and click “Next.”
6. Click on “Proceed.”
7. Complete this screen using your personal information. Click “Enter this Request.”
8. At this point, the system is giving you the option to get clearances for more people. Do NOT enter your information again! Instead, scroll down and click “Finished.”
9. You should see your name on the next page. Click “Submit.”
10. Click “Check Out," complete the payment information, then click “Pay With Your Credit Card.” Your clearance should be ready immediately; continue the directions below to retrieve your results.
11. When you see this screen, click on the “Control Number” to the left of your name.
12. When you see this screen, click on “Certificate Form.” If you get a pop-up, click OK.
13. Your clearance will look like the example below. Click “Save” to save to the computer or "Print" to PDF. Save your results as a PDF and send a copy to SOEclearances@drexel.edu. Note that any clearance with a record is subject to review per Background Checks Policy-HR 52.