2023 Performance Development
The Performance Development Process focuses on several key assumptions:
- Creating an environment in which professional staff members and their managers hold regular, productive conversations about professional staff members’ growth and development benefits the staff members, their managers, and Drexel overall
- Frequently and formally recognizing professional staff members’ accomplishments contributes to engagement and a development mindset
- Learning to hold development conversations with staff members contributes to managers’ leadership capability
This approach will also pave the way for a developmental process that is encouraging, purposeful, and rewarding.
The 2023 annual performance development process will take place between September 6 and November 9, 2023. Adjustments to the steps and instructions were recommended by a volunteer project team that convened earlier this year. Professional staff members and managers will be asked to respond to several prompts. Here is some guidance for responding to those prompts.
Professional staff will:
- Provide descriptions of strengths and achievements during the 2022-2023 performance cycle. These should include achievement or progress on any goals set with their manager earlier in the year.
- Identify one area for professional development during the 2023-2024 performance cycle. A non-exhaustive list of learning and growth opportunities is available for reference.
- Suggest how their manager could support their development. The Performance Development website has a list of ways managers might support learning and growth.
- Provide their own thoughts about strengths and accomplishments, including progress on previously set goals.
- Comment on the area for professional development the professional staff member noted and share feedback and areas for improvement.
- Respond to the professional staff member’s suggestions for how the manager can support their learning and growth, and include their own comments.
- Assign an overall rating describing the professional staff member’s performance over the past year (September 2022 though August 2023) using the overall rating guidance on the performance website.
Accessing Performance Development
Recognizing Accomplishments and Discussing Strengths
Learning and Growth Opportunities
Manager Support of Learning and Growth
Overall Rating Guidance