Instructions for Obtaining a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check for Volunteer Purposes
Human Resources would like to highlight that this is a state form and may not be inclusive of all genders, races, or ethnicities. Should you need assistance during this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/.
2. Click on the yellow box for “New Record Check (Volunteers only)." Do NOT click on the “Submit a New Record Check” as that is for clearances obtained for employment purposes only.
3. Scroll down, check the box and click “Accept.”
4. Complete this screen using your personal information (write Drexel University for Volunteer Organization Name and skip telephone number) and click “Next.”
5. Click on “Proceed.”
6. Complete this screen using your personal information. Click “Enter this Request.”
7. At this point, the system is giving you the option to get clearances for more people. Do NOT enter your information again! Instead, scroll down and click “Finished.”
8. You should see your name on the next page. Click “Submit.” Your clearance should be ready immediately; continue the directions below to retrieve your results.
9. When you see this screen, click on the “Control Number” to the left of your name.
10. When you see this screen, click on “Certificate Form.” If you get a pop-up, click OK.
11. Your clearance will look like the example below. Click “Save” to save to the computer or "Print" to PDF. Save your results as a PDF and send a copy to email@example.com. Note that any clearance with a record is subject to review per Background Checks Policy-HR 52.