Instructions for Obtaining a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check for Employment or Volunteer Purposes
Human Resources would like to highlight that this is a state form and may not be inclusive of all genders, races, or ethnicities. You must have an FBI service code and an FBI authorization code to proceed. If you’re unsure of your codes or if you need assistance during this process, please email email@example.com.
1. Go to uenroll.identogo.com.
2. Enter the service code (check email). It’s important to use the correct code so that the results will be accepted by Human Resources. Drexel University utilizes unique service codes for the Department of Education and Department of Human Services and for employment or volunteer purposes.
3. Click “Schedule or Manage Appointment.”
4. Complete all of the information including creating your own security questions (Example: Name of first pet).
5. Answer the questions on the next page. For the question, “Do you have an Authorization Code (Coupon Code) that you will be using as a method of payment?” select YES. By selecting NO, you would be prompted to pay out of pocket.
6. Complete all of the personal information and mailing address.
7. Select which document you will bring with you to your fingerprinting appointment. Only the following documents will be accepted to verify your identity. If the name you are enrolling under does not match the name on your document, please follow the additional instructions to prove your identity.
8. Select an enrollment center for fingerprinting. Choose on-campus or a location near you!
For On-Campus Fingerprinting: Drexel University operates a private IdentoGO location at the Human Resources office which is only searchable via a private code. Enter the Drexel Location Code (check email) in the search bar and click “Search.” The system will show that no appointments are available in the next seven days; ignore this message and select “Next.” Enter your FBI authorization code as payment (check email) and click “Apply Coupon” then “Next”. You will see another message that says “There are no appointments available for this location”; ignore this message! Check the “Walk In” box (see image below) at the top right and click “Submit”. If you haven’t already, please book a time to be fingerprinted at Human Resources via this link; we do not typically accept walk-ins.
To Select an IdentoGO Location Near You: If you’re not able to get to Drexel University or would prefer to be fingerprinted at a location closer to home, enter your zip code in the search bar and click “Search”. Select a location and click “Next”. Enter your FBI authorization code as payment (check email) and click “Apply Coupon” then “Next”. Select a date and time and click “Submit”. If you are not able to get to a Pennsylvania location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
9. You should see a service summary confirming your enrollment. You should also receive a copy in your email.
10. Go get your fingerprints done. Remember to bring your identification!
11. Follow the instructions in your email to share the results with Human Resources. Note that any clearance with a record is subject to review per Background Checks Policy-HR 52.