Starting a new job at a large institution like Drexel can be overwhelming. That’s why onboarding at Drexel is a year-long process, rather than a one-time orientation – to give you plenty of time to get acclimated and take in information at a reasonable pace. This webpage and associated onboarding resources were created to support new professional staff in learning about Drexel and acclimating to their new roles.
The New Dragon Welcome is a virtual, interactive orientation session for all new professional staff to receive a warm welcome to Drexel. The orientation begins with a brief video highlighting Drexel’s history, followed by a high-level overview of many commonly asked questions/helpful tips and guidance for new employees including:
- DragonCards (how to obtain and submit photos electronically)
- Drexel’s Values
- DrexelOne (how to access this portal and the many important features it houses)
- Civic Engagement
- HR Service Center (contact info and services provided)
- Benefits Overview
- and more!
Get to know other Dragons by joining one of the many collaborative groups at Drexel:
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs): A CRG consists of 10 or more employees who work together to promote the mission of the University and raise awareness and understanding of issues affecting and important to traditionally underrepresented groups and their allies.
- Drexel Parents: An informal group of Drexel employees who share advice and provide moral support for each other as working parents (and expecting parents) at Drexel. The group is open to any faculty or professional staff member and occasionally meets in person for brown-bag lunches. You can join the group in Microsoft Teams (log in to Office365, select Teams, and search "Drexel Parents" via the "Join or create a team" field).
- Drexel Administrative Professional Learning Community (DAPLC): The mission of the DAPLC is to foster and ignite a workplace culture and learning community, that is robust, collaborative, diverse and supportive. The DAPLC works to establish and maintain an interactive learning community, in which employees can sharpen their skills as well as empower each other with creative ideas to succeed. Those interested in joining can contact Kristin Nestor at email@example.com.
Are you part of a collaborative employee group that isn’t listed above? Contact Kathy Choy at firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to the list.
Professional staff members are required to complete training on certain topics and complete a Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure during their introductory period and annually thereafter. New professional staff members should also familiarize themselves with Drexel’s policies. The COI Disclosure can be found on the Employee tab in DrexelOne. It should be completed within your first 30 days at Drexel.
Additional required online modules will be automatically assigned to your transcript in Career Pathway. They should be completed within your first 90 days at Drexel.
All Official University Policies can be found in the Drexel University Policy Directory. Top policies for new hires of Drexel University* include:
CPS-2 Conflict of Interest
HR-61 Flexible Work Arrangement
HR-40 Introductory Period
EIC-3 Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy
HR-33 Family and Medical Leave
*Please note, some policies differ for employees of the Academy of Natural Sciences; please refer to the Academy’s policy directory on the HR website.
If you have been alerted that there are any pre-employment requirements that are outstanding, please reach out to your Talent Acquisition Consultant as soon as possible.