The Student Services Assistant will work collaboratively with the Education Team and assist in developing, facilitating, and evaluating Orientation and co-curricular programs. Collaboration, communication, and organizational skills are essential for success in this role. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Student and Alumni Services.
New Student Orientation
• Assist with the planning and implementation of DSPH Graduate Student Orientation and new student programming, including attending meetings, creating schedules, and distributing evaluations.
• Assist with recruitment and training of Orientation Leaders (OLs) by updating and/or developing position description, marketing materials, and training materials.
• Create and facilitate social engagement programming opportunities to assist in student relationship building during Orientation.
• Coordinate Student Organization Fair for Dornsife School of Public Health Student Organizations.
• Utilize Qualtrics to manage registration and evaluations, maintain attendance records, evaluate feedback, and make recommendations for future improvements
• Manage content and postings for the student intranet (Dornsife DASH) and/or Drexel Learn
• Coordinate weekly student e-newsletters using MailChimp
• Develop and implement social media initiatives related to student engagement and Orientation
• Coordinate print/communication materials such as advertisements, flyers, handouts or resource guides that may be necessary for events
Special Events and Programs
• Assist the Assistant Dean of Students with new programs related to professional & community service opportunities for public health students and/or alumni
• Assist with the coordination of the Annual Pinning and Welcome Ceremony
• Attend regular team meetings with the Assistant Dean and Associate Director and other meetings as assigned
• Fulfill other duties as assigned that are mutually agreed upon by Associate Director of Student and Alumni Services and Student Services Assistant.
• Required: The applicant is pursuing their master’s degree in Higher Education or relevant master’s degree at Drexel University.
• Preferred: Leadership experience in a student organization, programming board, Student Government, Residential Assistant, or equivalent student leadership role. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media.
• Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative, work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
• Remain flexible and creative through various roadblocks
• Ability to meet deadlines while managing competing project priorities
• Marketing experience or graphic or video design experience a plus
• Demonstrated effectiveness in interacting with students, staff, and families of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
Nesbitt Hall, 3215 Market Street, 2nd floor, Philadelphia, PA, 19143. In response to COVID-19, this position may operate remotely and/or in person.