The Lindy Center for Civic Engagement is hiring for a Clearances Coordinator to track and implement all aspects of our work on getting students clearances to volunteer with youth. In accordance with Drexel policy and state and national laws, students who serve with youth in most capacities need a series of clearances (criminal, child abuse, FBI) to ensure the protection of minors. The Lindy Center processes a huge number of clearances every term for students serving with youth either for or outside of class.
The Clearances Coordinator would be responsible for the following:
· Understanding all steps in the clearance process and acting as a centralized source of knowledge for students; includes creating, printing, and distributing instructional materials and providing excellent customer service to anyone with questions about the process through email and phone.
· Scheduling, advertising, and running workshops on campus to teach students about the clearance process and assist them in getting clearances.
· Monitoring the email@example.com email inbox to field questions and collect documents from students.
· Maintain and update the clearances database, which is an Excel document.
· Ensure student compliance through regular and close contact with students who are going through the process.
· Provide regular guidance and support to front-desk student workers in the Lindy Center who provide students with information about clearances.
· Collaborate closely with the Lindy Center’s Community-Based Learning (CBL) and Co-Curricular teams to provide status updates and track students who need clearances for CBL classes and Lindy Center student leadership positions; includes scheduling and running regular status meetings.
This position requires the following skills and abilities:
· Excellent attention to detail
· Initiative to work independently and push work forward
· Problem-solving skills
· Orientation to customer-service and the ability to act professionally and politely with all stakeholders in the process
· Advanced knowledge of Office 365 (especially Excel) and ability to get up to speed quickly in CRM-style databases
· Familiarity with the clearance process/forms preferred but not required