Resources for Faculty and Staff

Materials Databases

Work Orders

Drexel's University Facilities handles work orders for our entire campus. If you are a member of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, please review the information below before submitting a work order.

Submit "Non-Chargeable" Work Orders

General maintenance is typically non-chargeable (i.e., burnt out light bulbs, overflowing toilet, heating/cooling problems, etc.). A non-chargeable work order request form can be found here.

When submitting a work order, please note the following:

  • Please use a cell phone number that you can be reached at if maintenance staff will have to contact you to gain access to the area.
  • Please include as much detail in the Action Requested field as you can.
  • Please enter "Materials Engineering" in the Department field.

Submitting "Chargeable" Work Orders

Requests beyond the scope of general maintenance are likely chargeable and can include services such as transportation (deliveries/trips), non-contracted trash removal, campus moves, space renovations, signage, installation of equipment, event set-ups, special departmental projects, special event requests, renovations and other miscellaneous duties.

To have a chargeable work order submitted on your behalf, please contact Richard Knight, PhD.

Other Helpful Information

Office of Research

Procurement Services (SmartSource)

Office of Comptroller (Reimbursements)

  • Website
  • Travel Reimbursement form is used for Staff (post-doc), faculty and student- employees
  • Email:

HR (Personnel Information and Forms)

Web*Finance and Web*Salary

  • Training Information
  • Start-Up Funds: 16****
  • PI Overhead Funds: 14****
  • Gift Funds: 31****
  • Grant Funds: 2***** , 4***** or 8*****