Transfer Out

  • In order to be eligible for a transfer you must be maintaining valid F-1 status. You must begin studying at your new institution within five months of completion of study or end of OPT.
  • By submitting the transfer out request, you are typically asking Drexel University to transfer your F-1 SEVIS e-record to a new institution where you will continue your studies.
  • Please review and complete the transfer out form and its required documents before you can legally begin studies at the new school. Make sure you have been officially accepted to the new institution you have decided to continue your studies before requesting a transfer from Drexel University.
  • You may transfer your F-1 status at the end of your current quarter of enrollment, upon completion of studies, during your 60 days grace period (post graduation) and/or during/after finishing your Optional Practical Training (OPT).
  • You will need to choose a “transfer release date” on which your SEVIS record will be moved to the new school. The new institution then will issue you a new I-20 after the transfer release date.
  • If you decide to cancel your transfer, change the release date, or transfer to a different institution, you must notify ISSS office before the transfer release date as once the transfer release date has been reached, ISSS will no longer have access to your SEVIS record.

If you would like to transfer out, please complete the Transfer-Out Form [PDF] and return to ISSS. You will also need to provide:

  • An acceptance letter from your new institution
  • A completed Withdrawal form from the University
  • A transfer in form from your new institution if provided

Contact Us


Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.

Visit during office hours to drop off/pick up documents or to request a travel signature.

Virtual Advising Hours

Mondays and Tuesdays: 2–4 p.m.
Fridays: 9:30–11:30 a.m.

Virtual Advising Sign-In