Frequently Asked Questions about Move-In

What is my move-in day for the fall?

Information about move-in dates can be found at the First-Year Experience website.

If I require an early move-in, what steps do I need to take?

  • Log in to DrexelOne.
  • Select "Campus+Community."
  • Select "Housing and Dining."
  • Navigate to "Housing and Dining Forms."
  • Complete your early move-in request.

  • Can I receive my housing deposit back if I withdrawal my admissions from Drexel University?

    Per Drexel's cancellation policy, housing deposits are only released back to students who cancel their housing application for a co-op or study abroad opportunity.

    How high do the beds raise in the Residence Halls?

    The beds will raise a total of 36 inches providing you roughly 3 feet of under bed storage if the bed is raised to the maximum height. This applies to all buildings except Bentley Hall, where the beds do not raise or lower.

    Are there any storage facilities on campus to store my belongings during an academic break?

    Drexel is contracted with University and Student Services (USS) for a custom summer storage service. USS is the only approved vendor allowed to deliver your stored items to your Residence Hall room before you arrive in the fall. Please visit the USS website for more information about their summer storage service.

    Can I ship my items to my residence hall prior to my arrival?

    Mailed/shipped packages and deliveries will not be accepted at the residence halls prior to a student's check-in. If you would like to ship some items to Drexel, prior to your arrival, you are welcome to utilize the University and Student Services' Ship-To-Your-Room Service. Please visit the USS website for more information.

    I am wanting to bring a microfridge and microwave with me to campus. Are there any specific requirements that they must meet?

    A microwave may not exceed 700 watts and/or refrigerator may not exceed 2.9 cubic feet or draw more than 1.5 amps. Please coordinate with your roommate(s) so that there is only one appliance per two students. Rental units are available and will be delivered directly to your room before move-in. Orders for a microfridge rental can be placed at

    Am I required to get my student ID card prior to moving into my residence hall?

    You are not required to have your Drexel student ID prior to moving into your residence hall but you will need to have some proof of ID (i.e., Driver's License, Passport, etc.). For more information on obtaining your Drexel student ID, please reach out to our campus partners in the DragonCard office at or 216.895.6095.

    Are there any single rooms available in any of the residence halls? If so, what steps can I take to secure a single room?

    There are no single occupancy rooms, except Stiles Hall which only has single occupancy rooms. If a student requires a single room accommodation while residing on campus, they are welcome to reach out to our campus partners in Disability Resources at or 215.895.1401 to file an accommodation request. All single room accommodations received after May 15 will be accommodated on an availability basis.

    How do I pack my belongings for move in? What should I bring to campus/what is allowed on campus?

    All belongings will need to be packed in a box and the box will need to be labeled with your name, residence hall, room number, and cell phone number. For more information on moving in, please visit the First-Year Experience website.

    I would like to move to a different room during the term. What steps do I need to take to request a room change?

    If you would like to participate in a room change, you will need to contact the Assistant Director/Resident Director (AD/RD) of your Residence Hall. If you need assistance contacting your AD/RD, please email

    I have been trying to contact my roommate but haven't heard anything back. What can I do?

    You're encouraged to join the Incoming Student Facebook Group and contact them through their account. Additionally, you may email Housing and Residence Life at and we will provide you with further contact information.

    What is the mailing address? How should I address packages I send to my residence hall?

    Refer to Student Mail Service for information on mailing packages to the residence halls. For fastest delivery, use the addresses as listed on the webpage. Do NOT include the words “Drexel University” or the residence hall name in the address as this will delay arrival.

    Additionally, mail sent through the United States Postal Service (USPS) will be delivered directly to the residence halls. Packages not shipped via USPS will be delivered to Drexel Central Receiving first and then to the residence hall. Be prepared for some delays in arrival time if you are not using USPS.  

    Contact Us

    Monday – Friday
    8 a.m. – 5 p.m.