Undergraduate Drexel students moving in the fall can access their move-in date and time through the "Move-In Information" page on the Drexel Housing Portal. To access the Drexel Housing Portal, students should log in to DrexelOne and select the Housing and Dining channel under the Campus+Community tab. In addition, all information regarding students' specific move-in date and time will be sent to their Drexel-provided email account. Specific information for new students is below, as well as more details for returning undergraduate students. Graduate students moving into Stiles Hall can view more information about moving in and moving out of Stiles Hall.
Incoming First-Year and Transfer Students
As part of Drexel's Welcome Week, Move-In Weekend is when Housing and Residence Life welcomes all incoming residential first-year and transfer students to move in and set up their rooms in Drexel Residence Halls on the University City Campus. New students are encouraged to visit the First-Year Experience for the most up-to-date information about Welcome Week such as what to expect, early move-in program opportunities, and the schedule for the week. All of us at Drexel are committed to ensuring that our new students and their families have a comfortable, safe, and welcoming first experience as Drexel Dragons.
Cruise Ship Move-In Process
Students will participate in our Cruise Ship Move-In process, where the University and Student Services (USS) team will unload your vehicle and transport all items to your room, while you and your family move the car to parking and continue with the check-in process.
When You Arrive to Move In
You can expect that campus will be bustling during Move-In Weekend but that doesn't mean it has to be stressful! Although plans for 2023 are still evolving, below is an example of previous Move-In Weekend guidance:
- Arrive at the time and location assigned (you'll receive this information by email and through your DrexelOne account). Please be sure to arrive at the assigned time (and not earlier!) in order to prevent prolonged wait-times and backups at the residence halls.
- Bikes will not be brought up to the room. Be prepared to assign someone in your party to take the bike to the bike rack.
- Label each box for move-in with name, hall, room number, and cell phone number.
- If you have not completed your immunization requirements, your shipped items will be waiting for you but you WILL NOT be allowed to obtain your key or drop off any items. You will need to visit the immunization clinic to be cleared for move-in.
- Have fun and enjoy your new home in Philadelphia!
The following pages provide helpful information to aid your move-in experience, as well as answer many of the questions you may have about move-in day.
- What to do before you arrive.
- Don't forget to double check your packing list.
- Get more details about Drexel's Welcome Week.
Returning Undergraduate Students
University City Campus Move-in
On Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24, 2023 from 9 a.m.–2 p.m., Drexel Housing and Residence Life welcome residential returning students in Drexel Residence Halls on the University City Campus.
Temporary "No Parking'" signs will be posted in the designated loading zones. Drexel Public Safety personnel will direct traffic and patrol the loading zones. To accommodate as many students and families as possible, Public Safety asks families to limit loading time to 30 minutes.
The following are loading zones that will be designated with temporary "No Parking" signage:
- 3200 and 3300 Race Street (Both Sides)
- 32nd Street from Cuthbert Street to Arch Street (Both Sides)
- 33rd Street from Arch Street to Powelton Avenue (Both Sides)
- Lot S on 32nd Street (behind Caneris Hall)
Free parking is available for one (1) vehicle at the Drexel University Garage located at 34th and Ludlow Streets (entrance on Ludlow Street). Students will be issued a parking voucher from a Drexel Public Safety officer while loading.
On arrival, students must visit the front desk of their residence hall. A Housing and Residence Life team member will provide a room key and check-in paperwork. Students and families will receive wristbands for building access during move-in.
Moving carts will be available. Pick-up location is the first floor Caneris Hall Multi-Purpose Room (Room 116). A DragonCard or valid government-issued photo identification card is required to check out a moving cart. Students and families can check out one (1) moving cart.
Assignment and Roommate Information
Students can view their housing assignment and roommate information via the Housing and Dining channel in DrexelOne.
Mailed/shipped package deliveries will not be accepted prior to check-in. University and Student Services (USS) provides package delivery service for a fee. Schedule package delivery with USS prior to check-in.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.