Graduate Certificate in Creativity & Innovation
Drexel University School of Education
The undergraduate and graduate certificates in Creativity and Innovation are designed to help educators develop the innovative skills necessary to meet dynamic challenges across many creative fields. Creativity is integral to competitive advantage in today's fast-paced, dynamic working environment.
What Can a Graduate Certificate in Innovation Do For You?
Innovative and entrepreneurial organizations that harness and nurture the creative potential of their human resources are leaders in their respective fields. This innovation certificate provides the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed to form innovation educators and education leaders.
Upon completion of the Creativity and Innovation certificate program, students will have formed an in-depth understanding of creativity, enhanced communication, creative problem solving, and how these may be applied to practical situations that further their workplace culture. Participants will use their newly enhanced creative thinking skills to reflect critically on existing workplace practices and express coherent and cogent ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement.
Why Choose the Innovation Certificate Program at Drexel University’s School of Education?
Activities within the School of Education's Creativity & Innovation Programs provide students access to some of the world’s most prominent thinkers, researchers, and writers in the field of creativity and innovation. The School's Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation, co-directed by Emerita Professor and School's founder, Dr. Fredricka Reisman, and Dr. Larry Keiser, Program Lead for the School's Creativity & Innovation Programs, is housed directly in the School of Education. The Torrance Center promotes creativity using programs that cultivate skills in creative thinking, innovative leadership practices, and problem-solving techniques. Through the process of creative thought, the Center’s work enhances an individual's ability to imagine new ideas by learning to envision that which cannot immediately be seen.
What Are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in Creativity and Innovation?
The graduate certificate program in Creativity and Innovation is comprised of 18 credits of courses, based on both strong theoretical foundations and practical application, that allow students to gain skills that will help them practice creativity in their career of choice.
The Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation curriculum and course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog.
UNDERGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
The undergraduate certificate in Creativity and Innovation is comprised of 18 to 20 credits of courses based on both strong theoretical foundations and practical application that allow serious students to become experts in the field of creativity.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation curriculum and course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog.
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in Creativity and Innovation?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 2 years
- Number of Credits to Completion: 18.0
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in Creativity and Innovation?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 may be considered on a provisional basis
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Essay of 500 to 750 words, describing your interest in the program, specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in Creativity and Innovation?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Not aid eligible
How to Apply to the Creativity & Innovation Certificate Program at Drexel University
If you are interested in applying to either the undergraduate or graduate certificate in Creativity and Innovation, please review the admissions criteria noted for your specific program and follow the application procedures.