Online Teaching and Learning Certificate
Drexel University School of Education
The Online Teaching and Learning Certificate is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to effectively design and deliver instruction online. The program aims to meet the needs of today’s working professionals across many learning and development contexts.
What can a certificate in Online Teaching and Learning do for you?
The Online Teaching and Learning Certificate is designed for educators and professionals working in school settings, workplace training and other learning and development settings who want to learn how to deliver an effective online teaching and learning system. The online courses use hands-on design activities using real-world instructional challenges with professional digital tools. Designed to be completed in just one year, students can apply the skills gained in the courses to their career right away.
The credits earned through Online Teaching and Learning Certificate can be applied towards Drexel’s customizable Master’s in Education Improvement and Transformation program or combined with other School of Education certificate programs to create a personalized plan of study.
How long does it take to earn a certificate in Online teaching and Learning?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type Quarter: (each quarter lasts 10 weeks plus one week for final exams and projects)
- Expected time to completion: 1 year
- Number of credits needed for completion: 9.0
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog. Online students have access to the same resources as on-campus students including individualized advising and support services, access to the Steinbright Career Development Center, the Drexel Writing Center, Drexel Libraries, counseling and health services, and the Drexel alumni network.
What are the requirements to earn a certificate in Online Teaching and Learning?
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Additional requirements for International Students
Who is eligible to earn a certificate in Online teaching and Learning?
- Certificate level: Graduate
- Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial aid eligibility: Not Aid Eligible
How do I apply to earn a certificate in Online Teaching and Learning?
The Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning is taught 100% online. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel Online Application.