We are now accepting applications to the Visiting Scholars Program.
The program is open to scholars from other academic institutions or independent scholars wishing to take advantage of SoE faculty expertise and resources. The program is open to applicants from all disciplines with research projects that support the mission of the School of Education.
We welcome both U.S.-based and foreign scholars for up to one year. Visiting Scholars are expected to work with faculty on their research, present their research while in residence, and contribute to the intellectual development of the School of Education.
Visiting scholars may have the opportunity to teach or co-teach courses in the School of Education and will receive a Drexel University ID, library privileges, a Drexel email address and the opportunity to sit in on classes in the School of Education.
Scholars are expected to have their own funding to support their stay. A desk may be provided if one is available, but it is not guaranteed. Housing is not provided, but Drexel University’s Office of International Students and Scholar Services (ISSS) can provide information in that regard.
Previous School of Education Visiting Scholars
- Li Jing, Henan University of Urban Construction, China (Host Dr. Rebecca Clothey), 2018
- Shadi Dini, University of Zanjan, Iran (Host: Dr. Rebecca Clothey), 2015-16
- Dr. Demetrios Spyridakis, Independent Scholar, USA (Host: Dr. Roger Gonzalez), 2014-15
- Dr. Figen Ereş, Gazi University, Turkey (Host: Dr. Rebecca Clothey), 2012-13
- Dr. Christy Hu, Minzu University, China (Host: Dr. Rebecca Clothey), 2012-13
Criteria for Selection:
- PhD, EdD, other terminal degree, or the equivalent in research experience
- Demonstrated research productivity
- A proposed project relevant to education
Initial applications should be made to a specific faculty member or members in the School of Education. In order to help identify an appropriate faculty member, please refer to the Faculty page of the School of Education website. The faculty member will determine if there is a match with the applicant and his or her area of interest. A letter of support from this faculty member is a required part of the final application.
Final applications should include:
- 1-2 page description of the intended research project and how it will contribute to the mission of the School of Education at Drexel University
- Current curriculum vitae
- Two recent publications
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter of support from the School of Education faculty member who will facilitate the applicant’s stay at Drexel University
- A TOEFL score of 79
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Inquiries and final applications to the Visiting Scholars Program should be addressed to:
School of Education
3401 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104