U.S. Education Policy Certificate Program
Drexel University School of Education
Drexel’s 9-credit online certificate in U.S. Education Policy provides students with a deep understanding of the U.S. education system, its institutions, how policy is made, and more. The program helps education professionals develop a deeper understanding of education policies in the U.S. and how they can apply it to their careers. This education policy certificate program can also help those students interested in pursuing a career in education to expand their knowledge of current U.S. education policy.
What can a graduate certificate in U.S. Education Policy do for you?
The graduate certificate in U.S. Education Policy at Drexel is intended to help students build foundational knowledge of education policies in the U.S. The skills gained through the online coursework can be applied to most careers in education, particularly K-12 educators.
The 9-credit U.S. Education Policy certificate can also be applied towards Drexel’s MS in Education Improvement and Transformation degree as a stackable concentration. Alternatively, students can broaden their knowledge and expand their career in education policy by continuing their education through Drexel’s 18-credit Graduate Certificate in Education Policy.
How long does it take to earn a certificate in U.S. Education Policy?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type Quarter: (each quarter lasts 10 weeks plus one week for final exams and projects)
- Expected time to completion: 1 year
- Number of credits needed for completion: 9.0
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog. Online students have access to the same resources as on-campus students including individualized advising and support services, access to the Steinbright Career Development Center, the Drexel Writing Center, Drexel Libraries, counseling and health services, and the Drexel alumni network.
What are the requirements to earn a certificate in U.S. Education Policy?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Additional requirements for International Students
Who is eligible to earn a certificate in U.S. Education Policy?
- Certificate level: Graduate
- Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial aid eligibility: Not Aid Eligible
How do I apply to earn a certificate in U.S. Education Policy?
The Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy is taught 100% online. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel Online Application.