The healthcare industry can sometimes be difficult to navigate. That's why Drexel University partners with Health Advocate, a company trained to understand the nuances within the healthcare system. Whether you're having trouble figuring out a hospital bill, navigating a new or chronic health concern for yourself or a family member, understanding your benefits or finding a doctor, Health Advocate is available to you and your dependents by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All full-time and part-time benefits-eligible employees as well as their partners/spouses, dependents, parents and parents-in-law are eligible to use this service at no cost. Drexel University covers the cost of Health Advocate for these populations at no cost to the employee or their immediate family members listed above.
Health Advocate also administers Drexel’s award-winning Wellness Incentive Program.
HOW CAN HEALTH ADVOCATE HELP ME?
Health Advocate is staffed with a team of benefits specialists and Registered Nurses (RNs) who can help you navigate all aspects of your benefits and the healthcare system.
Below are some of the many ways Health Advocate can help:
- Answer your benefit questions
- Locate an in-network doctor and get support with scheduling an appointment
- Understand how and when to smoothly transition to Medicare coverage
Healthcare Costs and Your Financial Responsibility
- Understand medical terminology such as deductible and co-pay, so you understand your cost of care before visiting your doctor
- Review medical bills to find errors or duplicate charges
- Get help resolving medical billing or claims issues
Managing Chronic and Acute Health Conditions
- Talk with a registered nurse (RN) to help you better understand new or current health conditions, diagnoses, or treatment plans, and get support in researching treatment options
- Receive support in understanding how to discuss a treatment plan with your doctor or how to ask questions to understand the impact of different treatment plans on your life and on your health
Coordinate Medical Care and Services
- Coordinate pre-authorizations for diagnostic or treatment procedures
- Research the cost of a medical or diagnostic procedure and estimate how much of the cost will be covered by your healthcare plan
- Arrange post-discharge services and care after a hospital visit
Navigate Your Options and Second Opinions
- Identify and connect with leading specialists and Centers of Excellence so that you can be confident about your healthcare decisions
- Arrange for the transfer for medical records, lab results, and X-rays from one facility to another
HOW TO REACH HEALTH ADVOCATE
For questions or assistance with advocacy services or wellness, please call Health Advocate at 1.866.695.8622. Or you can visit the Health Advocate website. Users will need to register/create a new account in order to log in.
What Employees Are Saying About Health Advocate
Tech Comm Specialist / IT Webmaster
"I needed to find a rheumatologist who took my insurance, and I needed to see them within a week, but I wasn't having luck searching for one myself. So I called the Health Advocate, and they took it from there. They called around to various offices, confirmed insurance, then sent me a detailed list of doctors with availability. It made searching for a doctor so much easier, and the service was so professionally rendered I couldn't believe it was a free benefit to me through Drexel."
Assistant Director of Communications, Finance and Administrative Services
"I had a wisdom teeth extraction surgery, from which I expected little to no out-of-pocket fees based on what I knew about my insurance. Imagine the surprise and stress when I suddenly received a bill for $500! After weeks of being tossed around in phone trees, I was ready to just give up and pay the cost when I remembered Health Advocate's services. I immediately submitted a ticket. I cannot describe the relief of being assigned to a competent, friendly representative who said, "I'll take it from here." My representative quite literally fought my battle for me, and within a couple months, poof, all resolved, with no need to pay that random expense, which turned out to be the hospital billing both me and my insurance by mistake. I would recommend Health Advocate to any employee who, like myself, often feels baffled by medical expenses and billing processes. It saved me so much money and stress!"
Frequently Asked Questions