The healthcare industry can sometimes be difficult to navigate. That's why Drexel University partners with Health Advocate, a company trained to understand the nuances within the healthcare system. Whether you're having trouble figuring out a hospital bill, navigating a new or chronic health concern for yourself or a family member, understanding your benefits or finding a doctor, Health Advocate is available to you and your dependents by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All full-time and part-time benefits-eligible employees as well as their partners/spouses, dependents, parents and parents-in-law are eligible to use this service at no cost. Drexel University covers the cost of Health Advocate for these populations at no cost to the employee or their immediate family members listed above.
Health Advocate also administers Drexel’s award-winning Wellness Incentive Program.
HOW CAN HEALTH ADVOCATE HELP ME?
Health Advocate is staffed with a team of benefits specialists and Registered Nurses (RNs) who can help you navigate all aspects of your benefits and the healthcare system.
Below are some of the many ways Health Advocate can help:
- Answer your benefit questions
- Locate an in-network doctor and get support with scheduling an appointment
- Understand how and when to smoothly transition to Medicare coverage
Healthcare Costs and Your Financial Responsibility
- Understand medical terminology such as deductible and co-pay, so you understand your cost of care before visiting your doctor
- Review medical bills to find errors or duplicate charges
- Get help resolving medical billing or claims issues
Managing Chronic and Acute Health Conditions
- Talk with a registered nurse (RN) to help you better understand new or current health conditions, diagnoses, or treatment plans, and get support in researching treatment options
- Receive support in understanding how to discuss a treatment plan with your doctor or how to ask questions to understand the impact of different treatment plans on your life and on your health
Coordinate Medical Care and Services
- Coordinate pre-authorizations for diagnostic or treatment procedures
- Research the cost of a medical or diagnostic procedure and estimate how much of the cost will be covered by your healthcare plan
- Arrange post-discharge services and care after a hospital visit
Navigate Your Options and Second Opinions
- Identify and connect with leading specialists and Centers of Excellence so that you can be confident about your healthcare decisions
- Arrange for the transfer for medical records, lab results, and X-rays from one facility to another
HOW TO REACH HEALTH ADVOCATE
For questions or assistance with advocacy services or wellness, please call Health Advocate at 1.866.695.8622. Or you can visit the Health Advocate website. Users will need to register/create a new account in order to log in.
Frequently Asked Questions