Register Today for Philly Codefest 2024
Presented by Drexel University' College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), Philly Codefest is a free software and hardware hackathon that encourages students and professionals from all experience levels and backgrounds to work together to develop innovative solutions to help solve real world challenges. The 2024 Drexel hackathon will be held in person in Philadelphia at 3675 Market Street on April 20 and 21. The theme of Philly Codefest 2024 is "Leveraging AI for the Common Good," which aims to create AI-powered experiences to make everyday life easier. Whether it is addressing issues related to healthcare, education, environment, or social justice, AI has the potential to make a positive impact! Register below and stay tuned to this page for more event announcements.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Key Event Details
- Begins Saturday, April 20 at 9 a.m. and ends Sunday, April 21 at 5 p.m.
- The event will take place in person in Philadelphia at 3675 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Codefest Day 1 will take place at Drexel CCI, 3675 Market Street, 10th Floor. Registration opens at 9 a.m. and on-site coding continues until 11 p.m. We will be featuring fun activities, gaming tournaments, sponsor booths, workshops, and free food & drink throughout the day.
- Codefest Day 2 will take place at the Quorum, 3675 Market Street, 2nd Floor beginning at 10 a.m., and will include more food, workshops, sponsors booths and more. Teams will complete their projects and will then present their projects to judges at a "science fair" presentation of competing projects.
- Event is free and open to all - no coding experience is required!
For any questions or accommodations requests, please contact Dave Raiken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Sponsor of Philly Codefest 2024
Is your company or organization interested in getting involved in Philly Codefest 2024? Check out our sponsorship menu that offers many options to participate in Codefest, promote your company and engage with attendees.
Learn More About Sponsoring Codefest
What Is A Hackathon?
A hackathon, also called a codefest, is a collaborative programming competition that brings together students and professionals for a short period of time to build websites, apps, or hardware. Philly Codefest is a hackathon Philadelphia tech professionals and students alike are eligible to compete in, and it brings together coders, programmers, developers, and designers of all different skill levels.
Learn more about previous Philly Codefests and our history
What Happens At Our Hackathon
Presented by the College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), Philly Codefest is a free software and hardware hackathon in Philadelphia that encourages students and professionals from all experience levels and backgrounds to work together to develop innovative solutions to help solve real world challenges.
With no coding experience required, Philly Codefest is open to everyone, regardless of coding experience — just bring your creativity to Drexel CCI's annual hackathon! Attendees will form teams to work on projects, and then will present their final creations to a panel of judges — comprised of Drexel faculty, sponsors and respected members of the Philadelphia tech community — for a chance to win awesome prizes.
Philly Codefest's mission, to make the world a better place through technology, echoes CCI's commitment to forge and foster lasting relationships among students, professionals, tech leaders, start-ups and corporations. Drexel's annual hackathon leverages the already strong tech community in the Greater Philadelphia area to create one of the largest and most dynamic hackathons in the region.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Follow Drexel CCI on Twitter
Follow Drexel CCI on Instagram