Welcome graduate students and congratulations on your acceptance to Drexel University! We look forward to welcoming you to the University and CCI community.
The checklist below outlines important next steps to be completed prior to your enrollment in the College of Computing & Informatics:
- Confirm Your Enrollment. Confirm your intent to enroll by submitting your nonrefundable tuition deposit through Discover Drexel.
- CCI recommends confirming your enrollment. International students should note their own visa processing deadlines and adjust accordingly. If you have questions about confirming your enrollment, please contact the CCI Recruiting Team
- Activate your computer accounts. This will enable you to access all of Drexel’s electronic student services, including DrexelOne and Drexel email. CCI will only communicate with you through your Drexel email address. accounts.drexel.edu
- Academic Planning and Registration: Each CCI graduate student is assigned a Graduate Academic Advisor once they confirm their admission. The CCI Advising Team will reach out to students with a comprehensive welcome email to begin the advising and registration process. It is important that you have your Drexel accounts set up (Step 2 above), as the CCI Advising Team will be reaching out to you through your Drexel email from our “iAdvising” email address.
The iAdvising welcome email for new students will provide new students with information and tools to assist in their first term course registration, including a how-to on registering for courses, recommended first term courses for students based on their program and status, as well as resources on program requirements and scheduling courses that will assist students in creating a plan of study with their advisor.
Students are encouraged to reach out to their academic advisor once they have received their comprehensive welcome communication from iAdvising. Advisors are available to set up virtual or phone appointments or communicate through email in order to provide students guidance on their academic program and plan, as well as provide support and referrals to assist the student in navigating their graduate career at Drexel University and the College of Computing & Informatics.
Please see the communication timelines below based on what term you will begin your CCI graduate program:
*If you confirm your enrollment after registration has begun for your prospective start term, you will be contacted two to three business days after you’ve confirmed, as it takes a few days to process your confirmation in the system.
- Fall Term Admit: If you are a student that has confirmed to begin your studies in the fall term, course registration will begin in late July/early August. Once the University announces the specific fall registration dates we will update this page. CCI Graduate Advising will contact all confirmed students for the fall term in the week prior to registration opening.*
- Spring Term Admit: If you are a student that has confirmed to begin your studies in the spring term, course registration will begin in early February. Once the University announces the specific spring registration dates we will update this page. CCI Graduate Advising will contact all confirmed students for the spring term during the week prior to registration opening.*
- Partner Organization Discount: If you are an LIS student or a member of regional or national library associations, you could be eligible for a tuition discount. Please contact your Recruitment Representative or your assigned Graduate Academic Advisor for more details.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using school code 003256. (U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.) fafsa.gov
- Fulfill all University immunization requirements. (Full-time and international on-campus students only.) drexel.edu/counselingandhealth/immunizations
- Enroll in or waive the Drexel Health Insurance Plan. (Full-time and international students only.) drexel.edu/counselingandhealth/insurance
- Complete and monitor any outstanding financial aid and billing requirements. one.drexel.edu
- Notify the Office of Graduate Admissions of any changes in your enrollment status prior to the first day of classes. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit any outstanding official documents, including final transcripts, certifications, and licensures, to the Office of Admissions. Official transcripts can be emailed directly from your institution to email@example.com or mailed in a sealed envelope to the following:
- Get your University ID, also known as your DragonCard. (On-campus students only.) Drexel DragonCard webpage
- Provide a completed I-20 form and required bank documents. (International students only.) drexel.edu/isss
- Contact the Office of Disability Resources, if applicable, regarding any documented disabilities and necessary accommodations. drexel.edu/odr
- See the Graduate College website for other new student checklist items.
- Please contact Drexel Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and either CCI Recruitment or Advising teams will assist you.