Whether leading a campus tour or mingling with prospective students and their families at an event, Drexel Student Ambassadors share a drive and passion for their University.
As an ambassador you'll serve in one or more of the following roles:
Visit Center support
Greet families and students visiting Drexel and staff the visit center.
Share your Drexel story with future students and families at all Enrollment Management and Student Success events by mingling, giving tours, and answering questions.
Introduce families to the facilities and opportunities that Drexel provides, tell them about life as a college student in Philadelphia, and share your personal experiences as a Drexel student. Tour opportunities include events, Daily Visits, and additional special visits by school groups, international delegations, VIPs, and others.
Speak one-on-one and share your Drexel story with prospective students and families at events and during Daily Visits. Create a welcoming atmosphere for visiting families through casual conversation.
Highlight your Drexel program experiences during panel discussions at events. The panel discussions are intended to provide information informally through the panelists' answers to questions posed by the moderator or the audience. Discussions could be based around topics such as Drexel Co-op, study abroad, the Honors Program, and undergraduate research.
Show off your room during Enrollment Management and Student Success events and Daily Visits. Provide firsthand stories of what residence hall life is like at Drexel.
With a variety of ways to get involved, you'll be able to use your unique talents to contribute to Drexel's most prestigious volunteer program.
Applying to the Program
Complete and submit the Student Ambassador Application
online. Refer to the application for important dates and deadlines.
New Ambassador Training Day
Training will be held on Sunday, January 12, 2020, beginning at 9 a.m. It is mandatory for all new ambassadors to participate in the program.
If you are chosen to become an ambassador, you are required to complete a series of training steps to ensure that you are a well-rounded tour guide for the University. Each training step, outlined below, must be completed by its deadline. Failure to complete training by the training deadline will result in removal from the program.
- Presentation* – Shadow the presentation that prospective students attend before going on their tour.
- Shadow – Shadow a tour led by a veteran ambassador.
- Tour Quiz – Pass a quiz, testing your knowledge of the University and its programs.
- Mock Tour – Give a mock tour to an executive ambassador.
- Tag Tours – Tag team tours with an executive ambassador.
- Exec Shadow – Give a solo tour to a group of prospective families while an executive ambassador shadows your tour.
- Mingling 1&2* – Mingle with families in the Visit Center before their presentation.
- Minor Compliance* – Complete all the required clearances to complete your training.
*Can be completed at any point in the training process after the training day, but must be completed before executive ambassador shadow.