Rankings and Achievements
Drexel is a nationally ranked global research university with over 22,000 students worldwide. Learn more about our student population and what sets Drexel apart with these fast facts.
- 22,344 total students
- 13,977 undergraduate students
- 8,367 graduate and professional students
- 4,029 online students
- Founded in 1919, Drexel's cooperative education program was one of the first of its kind, and it continues to be among the largest and most renowned.
- Drexel Co-op provides professional employment experiences for students, giving them the opportunity to test-drive a career before they enter the workforce or giving graduate students the opportunity to advance their career.
- Students obtain positions with major corporations such as Amazon, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Comcast Corporation, Independence Blue Cross, Google, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, and Vanguard Group.
- Awarded the designation of "R1 Doctoral University — Very High Research Activity" by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions (2019), out of 39 private higher education institutions.
- Coulter-Drexel Translational Research Partnership program, recognizing leadership in bringing new technologies to market
- Disclosed 56 total new inventions and received 26 new United States patents in fiscal year 2023
- First university to require all entering students to have microcomputers (1983)
- First major university to operate a fully wireless campus, indoors and out (2000)
- First mobile Web portal service for students (2002)
- First university portal app (DrexelOne Mobile) offered across all five major mobile platforms (2011)
Drexel Online Education
- Provides Drexel degree programs through innovative, Internet-based universally accessible education
- Builds on the University's pioneering efforts in online education, which began in 1996
Drexel is ranked among the Top 40 Comprehensive Research Universities in the U.S. by the Department of Education in its 2022 College Scorecard.
According to U.S. News & World Reports, Drexel is in the Top 50 Private Universities in the United States.