Become a Student Ambassador
Drexel Student Ambassadors are among the most enthusiastic, involved, and passionate members of the Drexel community. This is a paid campus position, and in order to ensure that the Drexel University Student Ambassador Program maintains its high standard of service, students interested in joining the program are asked to complete and submit the Student Ambassador Application. Selected applicants will be invited to an interview. If offered to become a Student Ambassador, students will need to successfully complete the necessary program training and background check process to become paid student employees. This opportunity to support the future of Drexel is paired with professional development and training that will equip you to represent the University at events, on social media, and more.
Student Ambassadors play an important role in defining the Drexel experience for others, but there are also individual personal and professional benefits to joining the program.
Build Drexel's Future
- Be a campus tour guide and feature our campus along with the perks of Philadelphia.
- Share your Drexel story with students and families.
- Answer questions about academics and student life.
- Highlight any experiences you have with co-op, study abroad, the Honors College, and undergraduate research.
- Show your residence hall room and talk about life on campus.
Build Your Future
- Represent Drexel as a student leader.
- Enhance your résumé.
- Gain experience in public speaking.
- Build lasting friendships with your fellow Student Ambassadors.
- Develop valuable leadership skills while serving as a mentor to fellow Student Ambassadors.
- Enjoy special Student Ambassador social events.
- Represent Drexel at professional conferences.
About the Program
Speak one-on-one and share your Drexel story with prospective students and families at events and during daily Information Sessions and Tours. Create a welcoming atmosphere for visiting families through casual conversation.
Complete and submit the Student Ambassador Application. Refer to the application for important dates and deadlines.
New Ambassador Training Process
If you are chosen to become a Student Ambassador, you are required to complete a series of training steps to ensure that you are a well-rounded tour guide for the University. Each training step, outlined below, must be completed by its deadline. Failure to complete training by the training deadline will result in removal from the program.
- Presentation – Shadow the presentation that prospective students attend before going on their tour.
- Shadow – Shadow a tour led by a veteran Student Ambassador.
- Tour Quiz – Pass a quiz testing your knowledge of the University and its programs.
- Mingling – Mingle with families in the Admissions Visit Center before their presentation.
- Tag Tours 1 and 2 – Tag Team Tours with a Lead Student Ambassador.
- Minor Compliance* – Complete all the required clearances to complete your training.
*Can be completed at any point in the training process after the training day but must be completed before Tag Tours.
Student Ambassador Program
Admissions Visit Center
Main Building 212
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104