For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply to the Winter Entry Program?

Students who are graduating high school in 2021 or who have not completed college credits by matriculating at another college or university are eligible to apply.

How do I apply to the Winter Entry Program?

You can apply to the winter entry program via the  Common Application or the Coalition Application. Applications for the Winter Entry Program open August 1, 2022.

What is the application fee to apply to the Winter Entry Program?

As part of our ongoing effort to support students, there will be no application fee for the Winter Entry Program (January 2022). Please view the Winter Entry Application Instructions for steps on how to submit an application for the program without paying a fee.

If I applied to Drexel University for the fall and was admitted to the  University, but did not confirm my enrollment, do I need to submit a new application?

No, if we have an active application on file for you for fall 2021, you can visit your Discover Drexel portal to fill out the Winter Entry Request Form.

If you have withdrawn your fall 2021 application already, please contact to have it reactivated.

If I applied and was admitted for the fall term, but did not confirm my enrollment, will my financial aid offer remain the same for the Winter Entry Program?

Yes, your financial aid package will remain the same if you submitted the CSS Profile by the deadline. If you did not submit the CSS Profile by the deadline and wish to be considered for University need-based aid, you must submit the CSS Profile within two weeks of requesting to have your application moved to the winter term.

If I am admitted to the Winter Entry Program, can I still participate in Drexel's Cooperative Education (Co-op) program?

Yes, you will still have the option to participate in Cooperative Education.  Learn more about Co-op Opportunities at Drexel.

Will my plan of study be impacted if I do not start classes until the winter term?

No, your plan of study will  not be impacted as you will still be enrolled in three quarters of classes during your first year of enrollment: winter, spring, and summer quarters.

If I was denied to Drexel University for the fall term, can I apply to the Winter Entry Program?

Yes, follow the directions above on how to apply to the Winter Entry Program.

When will I receive an admission decision?  

The deadline to apply to the Winter Entry Program is October 1. If you have all your materials to us by October 1, you will receive an admission decision by November 1. You will need to confirm your enrollment to the university by November 13.

Can I live on campus if  I am admitted to the Winter Entry Program?

Yes, you will have the option to move in to one of our residence halls. Learn more about Housing Options.

Can I apply for financial aid?  

Yes, all students will be evaluated for merit-based scholarships when applying to the program. If you are interested in Drexel University need-based financial aid, you must submit the CSS Profile by October 8. Domestic students should also submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Read more about How to Apply for Aid.

What is the deadline to submit my I-20 application? 

To ensure a smoother student experience, we encourage international students who do not currently reside in the United States to submit their I-20 application and requested documents by November 1. To do so, students will need to confirm their enrollment to the University by November 1.  Upon confirmation of your enrollment, you will be asked to send your I-20 documents to Drexel University immediately.

Will entering Drexel University as a winter entry student impact my ability to use my CPT (Curricular Practical Training)? 

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) allows F-1 students to engage in employment, as long as it is an integral part of their curriculum. Please review the  International Students and Scholars Services' information about Curricular Practical Training to learn about the eligibility requirements and procedures to obtain CPT. Students must have been lawfully enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program for one full academic year (3 quarters or 2 semesters) before applying for CPT.

If you have questions about this process, contact us by at