Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a commuter student or how do I get exempted from housing?

If you're a current student, you must fill out a housing exemption form. Visit the Housing Portal from DrexelOne and select Housing and Dining Forms from the menu. Prior to the start of the academic year, incoming first-year students may request a change in residency status by contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 215.895.2400 or

When is the deadline for housing?

There are various deadlines for certain items, such as waived deposits, roommate matching, room self-selection, and LLC's (Living Learning Communities). Priority deadline to complete an application for first-year students interested in fall housing is May 15 of each academic year.

How do I make changes to my dining plan?

Please contact Drexel Campus Dining directly to make changes to your dining plan.

If I cancel my housing application, does that mean I have canceled my dining plan as well?

No, you should contact Drexel Campus Dining directly about meal plan cancellation.

If I have a medical accommodation or need some help with an accommodation, what should I do?

Please contact the Office of Disability Resources directly at

Can a first-year student live with a second-year student?

Unfortunately, first-year students are only permitted to live with other first-year students. Upper-class students can room together as roommates in any building identified for use of upper-class students.

How do I pair with a roommate?

There is a roommate matching section within the housing application where you can match or search for potential roommates.

What are the American Campus Communities (ACC) properties?

The Summit, University Crossings and Chestnut Square are American Campus Communities (ACC) properties.

What should I do if I would like to live in an ACC property?

Once you have decided which property you are interested in, please contact that property directly.

If I sign an ACC contract/lease, does the Drexel housing policy apply to that contract?

No, ACC is a third-party management company. Please connect with them directly about your housing needs and their policies.

What are the housing options for second-year students?

In accordance with Drexel's 2-Year Residency Program, the housing options for second-year students are Bentley Hall, Caneris Hall, Stiles Hall (operated by Drexel Housing and Residence Life), an ACC property (Chestnut Square, University Crossings, or The Summit), or join a Greek Life House (invitation only). View more information about Returning Undergraduate Student Housing options.

If I cancel my housing assignment, am I guaranteed to have the same placement if I return for a different quarter or term?

There is a possibility your housing assignment will change; you are not guaranteed the same placement.

How do I find out the package hours for my residential hall?

Please connect with a team member at the front desk of your residence hall regarding package hours.

What should I do if I have a student conduct issue?

Please contact Student Conduct directly regarding your conduct issue at

Where do I find the housing application?

Visit DrexelOne (after you have submitted your housing deposit), select on the Campus + Community Tab, and then choose the Housing link and select your housing application.

How do I request a change in my housing assignment?

Before the term starts, contact Housing and Residence Life. After you have moved in, connect with your RA or the RD of your residence hall.

Contact Us

Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.