Program Level Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Science/PhD in Microbiology & Immunology program will achieve eight program level outcomes that describe the skills, competencies and knowledge gained through completion of the program curriculum.
- Have attained functional knowledge of the fields of virology, immunology, bacteriology, mycology and parasitology
- Have attained a general knowledge of the basic concepts in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology
- Be able to critically read and analyze the current literature within the research field
- Be able to communicate effectively in science
- Be able to conduct basic or applied research in microbiology or immunology
- Understand how to conduct scientific research in a professional and ethical manner
- Be prepared for a career in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical field
- Be prepared for advanced training or education in microbiology or immunology
Student Computer Recommendations
Students and staff are advised to purchase computers listed under "Small Business" or "Business" categories rather than from "Consumer" product lines. Please refer to the specifications listed in the Computer Buying Guide to gain the most longevity from your computer.
View Computer Buying Guide
Required Courses for the Master of Science/PhD in Microbiology & Immunology Program
Please visit the Drexel University Catalog for more information about: