Direct Deposit Instructions
When filling out the Direct Deposit Authorization Form [PDF], select each box and enter the required information as outlined below. When finished, print the completed form, sign and date on the lines provided, and submit it to the Payroll Department through AskDrexel. Click here for instructions on submitting documents to Payroll through AskDrexel. An original signature is required on each form submitted.
Use this form if you should ever need to change or stop your direct deposit to the account(s) listed. Payroll must be notified immediately if any of your deposit accounts are closed.
You may also print the blank form and complete it by hand. Please print legibly.
Enter Your Information
- Check the appropriate box at the top of the form, indicating whether you are an employee of Drexel University, the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University or Drexel University Online.
- Enter your Name and your University ID Number in the fields provided.
- Enter your banking information in the section marked Primary Account (required). Your net payroll and all employee business expense reimbursements will be deposited into this account.
- For information on how to identify your bank routing/transit number and account number, please review Locating Routing/Transit Numbers on Personal Checks [PDF]. If you still have questions regarding the correct numbers to use, please contact your bank for assistance.
- Enter the name and phone number of your bank for each account listed. It may be necessary for Payroll to contact your bank if there are questions concerning the proper set up of your direct deposit.
- If you would like to set up optional partial payroll deposits, please complete the sections marked Secondary Account. Partial deposits are available for payroll payments only and must be for a specified dollar amount per pay. Partial deposits will be deducted before your remaining net pay is deposited into the Primary Account listed above.
- Sign the form on the Employee Signature line, enter the date in the Date field and provide a phone number where you can be reached in the Phone field.
All new direct deposits are subject to verification, which usually takes two full pay periods. You will receive paper pay checks until your new direct deposit account(s) become active. Always verify the available balance in your bank account before authorizing any payments or withdrawals.
Your Primary Account may become active before your Secondary Accounts. If so, the amounts specified for your partial deposits will be included in the deposit to your Primary Account until the Secondary Accounts become active.
If you receive direct deposit at a U.S. bank and then have the entire amount forwarded to a bank in another country, please contact the Payroll Department at email@example.com or 215.895.2885. There are special formatting requirements for these transactions that the University needs to follow. It will not impact your payroll.